Legend

10 months ago

The tough fixtures keep on coming

What kids are we likely to see? Would be good for Gomes to get 10 mins
redzebs
Legend

10 months ago

Fuck off Harry,

You really are a now now now fan, we are defenders of this trophy, which allocates more tickets than the corporate cup and gives young players their first taste of Wembley.

If all fit :-

Romero

Darmian Smalling Lindelof Shaw

Carrick
Herrera Gomez

Lingard Wilson Martial
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

I like this tournament, it has more entertainment value than the FA cup, which takes forever and only feels like a consolation for not winning the league. The League Cup, or whatever it's called now, is over sooner, provides some good midweek action during the CL dead one, you get to the good teams sooner, you get to see the young prospects, and because it's not so important teams actually have a go and the matches tend to be enjoyable.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

bman2 wrote:I like this tournament, it has more entertainment value than the FA cup, which takes forever and only feels like a consolation for not winning the league. The League Cup, or whatever it's called now, is over sooner, provides some good midweek action during the CL dead one, you get to the good teams sooner, you get to see the young prospects, and because it's not so important teams actually have a go and the matches tend to be enjoyable.
A decent point, that... and have to say, I never thought of it that way, and you're right...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

10 months ago

We now finally have a squad of actual squad players that are better than some of the shit Fergie used to pack out the overall great sides, so it's a chance for first team calibre players to stake a claim. One thing about Jose if he takes a dislike to you or doesn't think your all that but thinks you'll do as a squad player or he likes your work ethic and attitude but doesn't think you're quite good enough to be at the top of the mountain,

but you knock your balls in in training and take a chance when given, he'll usually stick you back in the big picture.

E.g. Shaw had a couple of average reserve games so he's fit now, he didn't play in the reserve draw with Chelsea last night so let's hope he starts, and if he has a blinder, even against Burton, he's probably looking at getting a run in the team.

Plus it's a chance for Herrera and Carrick to get 90 mins and if he does play any kids in this competition, they are ones that have a lot of excitement already around them that you actually want to see.

It's not like years ago when Fergie was bringing through the next generation of Kiersn Richardson etc lol
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

Not buying a good leftback could cost us the league. Valencia starts a lot of our attacks on the right. Imagine having an other Antonio Valencia on the left. It'll make a huge difference.
Next season hopefully, we get a left back, right and left winger.
redzebs
Legend

10 months ago

Give Shaw a run, and tbf, it's not fashionable but Young was targeted more at the weekend and although he didn't score a screamer, he had at least as good of not slightly better game than Tony V who was in the same predicament as Young until he nailed down the rb slot after we thought he'd peaked.

Young knocks his pan in and in a Jose side, with blunt force trauma upfront whether it's Lakaku or Zlatan, with three tricky players behind him that can produce a spark of skill or magic from nothing to be further supplied by a no. 8 like Pogba and with a solid dm who still looks to recycle and keep things ticking while protecting the back four,

There isn't as much of a need for the defence to do a lot in terms of helping the attack, Young and Valencia are both still fast, Jose likes them because they are tactically disciplined and do their defensive work well,

So if Shaw lives up to Dozers assertion that he's shite, Id go with Jose just playing Valencia and Young and seeing if he can have the same impact, and don't be surprised to see Young's contract option get taken up for another year, Jose has already said how invaluable it is to have disciplined versatile hard workers in the squad.
Snoopcousins
Legend

10 months ago

Young?!
Maybe for a game or two but fuck me we need better than that to compete!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

10 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Young?!
Maybe for a game or two but fuck me we need better than that to compete!

Remember when you were sound :))

I was complimenting your boy Jose and how Young's not had a bad game under him bar that one at rb and how Tony V has improved further so if Jose could improve Young along the same lines then why not??

They are both in their 30s, we are talking at needing to look at squiring future longer term replacements anyway from the end of next season.

I still think Shaw could come good.
Snoopcousins
Legend

10 months ago

I am sound! :)

Valencia always had more to him than Young ...

Young has provided really nothing in his time at Utd...for an attacking player he must have the worst stats ever ...
At LB he's doing a job...but we need between than that
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018