vs Burton Albion

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
FuB wrote:
Sid wrote:No kids in the 11, not one. Wasted opportunity.
that's truly a shame but shows how many first team squad members we have that need games as well. Not sure what Mourinho's rationale is for making this apparently important enough to not involve some kids.
Let's be honest here ....our U23's squad is currently crap....the decent ones have been loaned out for obvious reasons ...
All our talent is ok our U18's, no surprise really Gomes etc hasn't got a game yet ...
Plenty of time for them ....but yea I'd have liked to have Seen him play...
Will have to wait til he gets more U23 game time
This game and this tournament can be a chance to develop players though, and mae em better

I wish Gomes was on the bench, getting a feel for OT and that
Count Jackson
First Teamer

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
FuB wrote:
that's truly a shame but shows how many first team squad members we have that need games as well. Not sure what Mourinho's rationale is for making this apparently important enough to not involve some kids.
Let's be honest here ....our U23's squad is currently crap....the decent ones have been loaned out for obvious reasons ...
All our talent is ok our U18's, no surprise really Gomes etc hasn't got a game yet ...
This game and this tournament can be a chance to develop players though, and mae em better

I agree... shame.
Do you want Fries with that?
FuB
Legend

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
FuB wrote:

Don't forget he's already had a run out last season against Palace
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

We've got quite a large squad, so I suppose it's probably useful to keep them all in rotation and sharp when the opportunity arises.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Exciting young prospect Lingard proves he deserved his chance in the senior squad.
FuB
Legend

7 months ago

Blind had a good look at where that Burton player was two seconds before losing him completely and seeing the ball go over his head.

Surely, at 3-0, it's time to give Shaw a chance to show he can do better?
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

FuB wrote:Blind had a good look at where that Burton player was two seconds before losing him completely and seeing the ball go over his head.

Yeah I thought that was shocking myself.
FuB
Legend

7 months ago

bman2 wrote:
FuB wrote:Blind had a good look at where that Burton player was two seconds before losing him completely and seeing the ball go over his head.

Yeah I thought that was shocking myself.
I don't really get why BOTH Shaw and Young are on the bench the next game after Young played left fullback.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Easy

Shame we can't now stick 2 or 3 kids on to get some experience, now that we're comfortable
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Looks like Shaw was robbed there. It's a long time since we've seen that kind of ambition at left back.