Kick it Out say Lukaku chant is racist

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19616
Joined: 5 years ago

9 months ago

:)) :D
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19616
Joined: 5 years ago

9 months ago

=))
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11385
Joined: 4 years ago

9 months ago




Fuck me, listen to this and you wonder why people can't get their head around the Lakaku chant taking up news articles lol.

Sid, sit down lad first!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19616
Joined: 5 years ago

9 months ago

So is she the barometer for what's acceptable?

None of that shite even matters tbf, he doesn't want you to sing it because he doesn't like it, so don't sing it?
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4494
Joined: 4 years ago

9 months ago

Sid wrote:So is she the barometer for what's acceptable?

None of that shite even matters tbf, he doesn't want you to sing it because he doesn't like it, so don't sing it?
Don't make stuff up....
He never said he doesn't like it
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

9 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:So is she the barometer for what's acceptable?

None of that shite even matters tbf, he doesn't want you to sing it because he doesn't like it, so don't sing it?
Don't make stuff up....
He never said he doesn't like it
He asked people not to sing it ffs... what more do you want him to say??? "Please?"
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4494
Joined: 4 years ago

9 months ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:So is she the barometer for what's acceptable?

None of that shite even matters tbf, he doesn't want you to sing it because he doesn't like it, so don't sing it?
Don't make stuff up....
He never said he doesn't like it
He asked people not to sing it ffs... what more do you want him to say??? "Please?"
Ffs...
He never said it was offensive or racist...it was clearly a statement put out for the kickitout ones...
He just said let's move on together.

The whole thing is such a load of wank
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11385
Joined: 4 years ago

9 months ago

Sid wrote:So is she the barometer for what's acceptable?

None of that shite even matters tbf, he doesn't want you to sing it because he doesn't like it, so don't sing it?

Not at all, I'm just saying can you believe the fuckin hack that there is still such attitudes that are maybe not openly as bad but there is far too big a minority getting bigger,

Like are working class estates full of that type of attitude near you Sid seeing as you're in one of the most culturally diverse areas of the uk?

I was chatting to a guy who's one of my dads mates, sound as fuck, he was out nowhere near his house cutting down branches and bushes that had overgrown in a communal area, nice, polite guy, intelligent, would be the least likely I'd have thought to say anything racist so I was saying it was embarrassing the amount of people round my way, well my folks way, which is working class but there are no hoods and people are really polite to each other,, all know each other's families etc. it's a real safe area blah blah, anyway,

that wasn't it was embarrassing because the guy that owns the local shop wasn't making enough and an Asian guy from Bristol it turns out if anyone would bother to talk to him had taken it over, (Liverpool fan like but seems sound enough to me lol), but the latest kick up round my way is that he's Asian and all I've heard is a "Paki" has bought the shop, the girls will all lose their jobs because they'll move "their ones in".

Anyway so I was saying to him about the excessive vitoril that was getting trotted out like people saying they are going to walk another mile for the paper etc. and he said yeah I know maybe but wait until you see, they'll be opening 18 hours a day soon (again, I can now get something last minute that's more convenient, don't get this argument) and there must be about 40 families now (it's a big estate, 40 families isn't a lot) that have moved in and I was really disappointed in hearing one of the most tolerant people in the area, out doing a load of jobs on his day off around the area tidying it up just because.

Then I said to someone else that a lot of the families weren't connected in any way and a lot were Indian, and some would be from other parts of Asia as their heritage but they were UK passport holders and had the same rights as anyone else and I heard another polite woman who I know goes to a local Asian run hair salon and I know she isn't a racist because I've known her years and she's very tolerant even during the troubles, and they are friends but she couldn't see she was BEING racist by saying, "but aye I know what the guy means, the guy was right, there has been about 40 Paki families moving in like." So that was the coverall umbrella term.

So no, I won't sing the song he doesn't want sung, but I am as always interested to know, is the whole kick it out thing seen as pretty liberal busy bodying but as time changes, even good natured unintended offence needs to be stopped in case it causes offence why risk it?

And/or do the situations I described and that I was shocked at how serious that caller was purely because she said it on air instead of just among friends because so many people I know from when I was a kid and am getting to know again, are revealing themselves to me to have suddenly become racist as opposed to the bite your tongue casual racism you hear every day?

Like a women in a bar in Salford said to me at a game we like the Irish but we don't like Pakis, she was the land lady do it's not just over here!!!!!!

Do you find the North of England to be more susceptible to the attitude of catch a grip it's only a laugh while hiding some genuine racist views while the South in general is more liberal and you'd never hear that type of phone call on a daily talk show?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

9 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:So is she the barometer for what's acceptable?

None of that shite even matters tbf, he doesn't want you to sing it because he doesn't like it, so don't sing it?
Don't make stuff up....
He never said he doesn't like it
He asked people not to sing it ffs... what more do you want him to say??? "Please?"
Ffs...
He never said it was offensive or racist...it was clearly a statement put out for the kickitout ones...
He just said let's move on together.

The whole thing is such a load of wank
What fuckin difference does it make?

I don't believe there was any racist intent behind the song, no malice... it
might have been good for a laugh, and meant no offense... but people have complained, and the man himself has asked for it to stop... what the fuck are you arguing about?

I have to say, some of the shit sung/shouted at football games is fuckin disgraceful... it's like some of the cretins at games just don't give a fuck if there's young kids there at all... you've got kids Snoops... doesn't it bother you to hear some cock shouting "fuckin cunt" this and that, right in front of toddlers???

This song is no different... never mind the "racist" implications... what about just some fuckin respect for parents who wanted to take their 6/7 year olds to a football match without having to explain why people were singing songs about a black mans cock???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4494
Joined: 4 years ago

9 months ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:So is she the barometer for what's acceptable?

None of that shite even matters tbf, he doesn't want you to sing it because he doesn't like it, so don't sing it?
Don't make stuff up....
He never said he doesn't like it
He asked people not to sing it ffs... what more do you want him to say??? "Please?"
Ffs...
He never said it was offensive or racist...it was clearly a statement put out for the kickitout ones...
He just said let's move on together.

The whole thing is such a load of wank
What fuckin difference does it make?

I don't believe there was any racist intent behind the song, no malice... it
might have been good for a laugh, and meant no offense... but people have complained, and the man himself has asked for it to stop... what the fuck are you arguing about?

I have to say, some of the shit sung/shouted at football games is fuckin disgraceful... it's like some of the cretins at games just don't give a fuck if there's young kids there at all... you've got kids Snoops... doesn't it bother you to hear some cock shouting "fuckin cunt" this and that, right in front of toddlers???

This song is no different... never mind the "racist" implications... what about just some fuckin respect for parents who wanted to take their 6/7 year olds to a football match without having to explain why people were singing songs about a black mans cock???
I 100% get that....and I think that's the view the club should have taken ...though I'm sure there's worse sung.
But the kickitout ones trying to say it's racist is just wrong- it's screwing up the whole idea of racism.
United and Lukaku were wishy washy with their initial statements.
Anyway
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Post Reply