Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

Did Fellaini play well today?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

dozer wrote:Did Fellaini play well today?
:))
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

:))

Mourinho is getting performances out of him and the other squaddies. You don't need Griezmann to beat Palace, West Ham, Swansea - you just need Fellaini, Young, Jones, Lnigard to raise their game, work hard and it's enough
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

Sid wrote::))

Mourinho is getting performances out of him and the other squaddies. You don't need Griezmann to beat Palace, West Ham, Swansea - you just need Fellaini, Young, Jones, Lnigard to raise their game, work hard and it's enough
I think Fellaini is one of our few players who's actually a big game player and scored or assisted goals in our big/important games.
swampash
Legend

10 months ago

He played well. The key though, imho, has been the arrival of Matic.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
fat maradona
First Teamer

10 months ago

HARRY wrote:Micky disappointing again.
What is it with you and Micky? I think he played ok, not great but ok. He needs to learn to release the ball quicker sometimes, rather then running into trouble. For me, he's been a steady 6 or 7/10 every week. Are you expecting him to play a blinder every single game?

I've been really impressed with Young this season, probably his best spell since he joined the club imo. Looks like Mourinho has done a good job on him, as he looked absolutely dog shite under Van Gaal. And you can't fault Fellaini either, he looks a lot more confident and isn't the accident waiting to happen like he was last season.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
What is it with you and Micky? I think he played ok, not great but ok. He needs to learn to release the ball quicker sometimes, rather then running into trouble. For me, he's been a steady 6 or 7/10 every week. Are you expecting him to play a blinder every single game?

I've been really impressed with Young this season, probably his best spell since he joined the club imo. Looks like Mourinho has done a good job on him, as he looked absolutely dog shite under Van Gaal. And you can't fault Fellaini either, he looks a lot more confident and isn't the accident waiting to happen like he was last season.
Yeah, you have to say, Young has done well at left back... him and Valencia have found their place at United... neither was good enough as a winger for a top club, and for me, neither is good enough as fullbacks either... but it just so happens we've got none better right now, so both have taken their chance to fill the void... both are doing the best they can with what they've got, and both are ok going forward, but neither are great defensively, they're just doing a decent job at it... but again, if we've ambitions to compete at the top level, then we can't be havin jobbers in the starting 11... we've got to have quality throughout, and that means proper fullbacks, who can defend as well as put in a decent cross once in a while...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

10 months ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
fat maradona wrote:

Yeah, you have to say, Young has done well at left back... him and Valencia have found their place at United... neither was good enough as a winger for a top club, and for me, neither is good enough as fullbacks either... but it just so happens we've got none better right now, so both have taken their chance to fill the void... both are doing the best they can with what they've got, and both are ok going forward, but neither are great defensively, they're just doing a decent job at it... but again, if we've ambitions to compete at the top level, then we can't be havin jobbers in the starting 11... we've got to have quality throughout, and that means proper fullbacks, who can defend as well as put in a decent cross once in a while...
Our full backs arnt comparable to the likes of even City...we need better than what we've got for the CL.
Young has done ok going forward - but he's already made mistakes defensively and got away with it- he will easily get found out by better teams - I don't think he'll play against Liverpool- who knows.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

This is a good article on full backs

Once a position for the energetic and combative, Manchester City showed it has become one for those who can exploit the space in front of them to shape a game https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ester-city
senna
Legend

10 months ago

It's mindbloggling we did not sign a full back this summer.

We are starting with Young ffs..

It might cost us in the end.