vs Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

The one we've all been waiting for...

What kind of 11, formation, approach?

For me they're dogshit at the back so we should attack because there's goals there.
senna
Legend

1 year ago

Table placement or form doesn't matter in this game.

You know they will be up for it. Just hope Jose goes for a win and not a draw..
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

We're definitely going to go and park the bus. Pogba will be a big loss, because his passing is vital for counterattacking. Matic is a good passer too, so much will depend on him. Fellaini can get up top and make a nuisance of himself against a poor back line, but he won't be great in midfield, doesn't have the technique to beat Liverpool's pressing.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:We're definitely going to go and park the bus. Pogba will be a big loss, because his passing is vital for counterattacking. Matic is a good passer too, so much will depend on him. Fellaini can get up top and make a nuisance of himself against a poor back line, but he won't be great in midfield, doesn't have the technique to beat Liverpool's pressing.
Don't be so sure Klopp will stick to his pressing game... he should, but he might not... he's coppin loads from Scousers right now... they're livid with the team, and of course, it's all his fault... but look what Newcastle did to them today... imagine what Martial, Miki, Rashers, Mata, Lukaku could do if we go after them...

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp doesn't go a bit defensive himself for this game... he's feeling the pressure, and he'll be desperate not to lose this one at home...

I think we should just stick to what's been working so far... no need to park a bus, just be sensible, and hit them on the counter...

I fancy us for this game... 1-2
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

Parking the bus??

Maybe it's about time some gave Jose tactics some credit and see what he's building here....and how far we have come already since LVG's shit!!!
Remember LVG drawing 0-0 with Palace etc at home and sideways passing making no chances?!
We are so much better it's scary....

We will carry on our good tactics and I think we'll win....but ffs it's a one-off game and we are equal til of the league ...Liverpool aren't even challengers tbf- they cud easily up their game against us and are capable of beating us
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

Moreno is their weakest link, imho. I would think long and hard about how to get one-on-one with him. Maybe switch Rashford to the right side of attack? Or Martial?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:We're definitely going to go and park the bus. Pogba will be a big loss, because his passing is vital for counterattacking. Matic is a good passer too, so much will depend on him. Fellaini can get up top and make a nuisance of himself against a poor back line, but he won't be great in midfield, doesn't have the technique to beat Liverpool's pressing.
Don't be so sure Klopp will stick to his pressing game... he should, but he might not... he's coppin loads from Scousers right now... they're livid with the team, and of course, it's all his fault... but look what Newcastle did to them today... imagine what Martial, Miki, Rashers, Mata, Lukaku could do if we go after them...

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp doesn't go a bit defensive himself for this game... he's feeling the pressure, and he'll be desperate not to lose this one at home...

I think we should just stick to what's been working so far... no need to park a bus, just be sensible, and hit them on the counter...

I fancy us for this game... 1-2
The pressing seems fairly fundamental to what Klopp's team do though, I don't know if they can just try a radically different approach like that. We'll definitely play it safe and aim to hit them on the counter, which is fine, it's all a matter of degree through, how defensive we are and how much leash Jose gives the attackers. He has form for really parking the bus excessively, so this fixture will be a useful indicator of where he thinks we are as a competitive side.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

Aye, a sensible, counter attacking strategy is the way to go. Rashford or Martial left, Lukaku up top and Mata on the right. Though I think Lingard might get the nod on the right. I think he'll stick Herrera in for Miki too.
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

It'll be Rashford left and Micky right, three in CM (Matic, Fella, Herrera). Don't know why people don't think Micky would start, he starts every game and only gets taken off when the job is done and Jose wants to give Lingard a run out.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:It'll be Rashford left and Micky right, three in CM (Matic, Fella, Herrera). Don't know why people don't think Micky would start, he starts every game and only gets taken off when the job is done and Jose wants to give Lingard a run out.
I agree... if Mourinho is smart he'll go with Rashers... I think Martial is in better form right now, but there is a lot of pride in this game, and Rashers is a local lad... he'll want to beat the Dippers like one of the 92 lot...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."