[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
vs Liverpool - Page 18 - United Rant

vs Liverpool

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Sid
Legend

Re: vs Liverpool

Postby Sid » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 pm

In the post-match press conference, Mourinho said: “In the second half I had the feeling that I needed my bench, but I had no bench.”

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/jose- ... liverpool/

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Twenty times twenty times Man Utd
Twenty times twenty times

What Jose should have done is set out his team to lose!!!!!!!

I told Rant Forum last week the score

Spoilt ott bastards .

In ten years you,lol be supporting City .

Fuck off.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Some interesting comments in here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41623276

Mourinho described the second half as a game of chess, adding: "But my opponent didn't open the door for me to win the game."

Pretty sure we could have attacked before Liverpool 'allowed' us to

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Mata doesn't panic and is smart enough, if you give him the ball, whether a clever bit of play from himself of switching it and bringing Martial for example into the game would have been a positive change.

I have no bench. Fuck me. Rojo is injured but you spunked a load on Lindelof plus Tuanzabe was there plus Blind who's not world class but a good versatility player for a bench in a game exactly like this.

I'm missing Carrick Pogba and Fellani, right, you don't play Carrick and what role was he going to come on that wasn't going to look more defensive so fuck up.

You don't have Fellani, ok you like him, but even your biggest fans on here don't think he'd have made a difference and wouldn't have started him ahead of Herrera. So fuck up.

You missed Pogba, of course you did, we did, but that's why you have a squad, you gave Herrera fuck all game time when you knew Pogba was hurt and threw him in with a role that seemed to not really be understood even by the player but let's say he let you down. Fine. So when Pogba got hurt, you still went to the same plan of just picking the same player over and over, in this case Fellani instead of giving both minutes in case one got hurt.

Perriera had a barnstormer last season turning in quality performances for a shit team, you apparantly asked him to stay, he wanted to go to get regular football, you could have kept him and given him sub time and cup time as he can play 6, 7, 8, 11 and 10, and he's probably already better than Lingard but you love Lingard because he works hard and if he'd been injured you'd have moaned about that and you like Lingard on your bench.

You chose not to use Mata, fine, but he is quality and has shone in this very fixture before. So don't complain about that bench spot. You were NEVER taking off Matic or Lakaku in a million years, the only position you could complain about was cm and you've played Tuanzabe there before so if you wanted you could have taken Mickey T off and put T on there. Or pushed Jones up and put one of your 3 Centre halfs on.

I watched the game with my dad who was berating Martial for not being in the box with Lakaku and I said dad he loves coming in central, but he's like Rashford, the defensive side will be the emphasis today, mg dad goes so you're saying Martial has been told not to constantly get into the box, I said, knowing Jose or at least having watched him for so long then yes, my dad kicks off, Martial suddenly try's to come towards the 10/9 area and the camera flashes to Jose straight away shouting MARTIAAAALLLL!!!! Repeatedly, and the only thing he'd done was come central and it didn't look like a keep it up name bellowing!!!!!

You could have said if Lindelof wasn't ready I'm going to bring McITomney for midfield cover but you didn't so basically Jose stop bemoaning shit of your own making and say you are happy with a point or admit bad luck and bad tactics and calls cost us.

But fuck me, stop gurning.

Fosu M had a great ore season and has proved he can play rb well which would have let you play TV further forward on the right and Young at lb which I guarantee compared to Darmian would have looked better and brought Martial into the game a lot more.

You still had Rashford, Mata and Lingard, two of your favourite kids and a senior player who's done it all and you now trust again
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Halfway between the gutter and the stars

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:33 pm

And tbf Bailly was a big loss

Jones and Smalling combo gave away more chances to Liverpool than we gave away all season combined ffs

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Thing is - a loss today would have been disastrous....
The way it is now they stay 7 points behind

We are in a strong position still.

But ....looks like we will need a few big wins against the big teams at Old Trafford

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:08 pm

If we sign Griezman and another midfielder to replace Carrick and a Jb next season, I'm still not sure he won't set up like he always has and it's worked but football hasn't been reinvented but it's moved on, he's going to have to start taking chances in big games, e.g. I'd rather have five draws than three wins and two losses shite from last year, what a load of wank, those days are long gone.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:16 pm

I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

Return to “The Rant Forum”