vs Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

It was after last seasons game at Anfield that Nev said Man United can't play that negatively against the top clubs. He said it has to change next season. Well it didn't, so let's see what the cunt has to say about it.

Edit

"In the first half I thought that United, to be fair, were definitely different to a year ago, there was more intent," the Sky Sports pundit told Martin Tyler on the Gary Neville Podcast.

"The second half drifted back towards a year ago, I have to say, where Liverpool were the only team pressing. United's intent and quality in the second half were nowhere near good enough. They started to resign themselves to a draw."
pint vulger
Legend

9 months ago

Fellani a cunt
Neville a cunt .

All in a day on Utd rant

OTT wankers .
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

9 months ago

were gambling on city dropping points against riff raff, rafa tried that but we were the better side and had more match winners so won the prem anyway, like city will tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Davel
Legend

9 months ago

The titles long gone, stop dreaming of tactical battles against so called dangerous oppositions.
if we started with 9 strikers,we may have lost 1 point more ,a WHOLE POINT.
but against this liverpool defense,we would have battered them.
I lost count of how many times martial was defending in our box.
over the next few weeks we will get found out more and more and slowly peeps will realise
we had a flattering start to the season.

then it will be time for mou to go £300m + for that shite.
Snoopcousins
Legend

9 months ago

Fuck off Davel you dozey fucker.

Go and start your Jose Out thread.

A draw away to Liverpool and you lose your shit.
What age are you ? 7?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

9 months ago

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

9 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:were gambling on city dropping points against riff raff, rafa tried that but we were the better side and had more match winners so won the prem anyway, like city will tbf
City are the better side... end of... they were the better side last year, been the better side for a few years before that, and they spent more than we did this year and moved even further away... they're a lot better then any other team in the league...

We're in second place, where we deserve to be, and second is what we'll be fighting for come end of the season... get your heads around that, or it's going to be a long frustrating season... and that's assuming we don't lose any more key players, because we're not the same without Pogba, and we'll be fucked if lose another one or two...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

I don't agree that Mourinho was right to sit back and not take a risk until Klopp went more attacking. It's showing them too much respect. Newcastle, Burnley, Leicester, Watford all managed to score against them without playing this ridiculous "chess game" of who blinks first. They're not Barca. With our attacking players we would have carved them open. In fact we did the one time we put a decent attacking move together. Lukaku should have scored.

You have to find a balance between defence and attack. You can't sacrifice one for the other. Klopp managed, and Liverpool looked more of a threat and more likely to win the game from the second half onwards. Whereas we sacrificed any attacking intent by the second half. And that's pretty shit considering Jose has his team now.

It's hailed as genius. But if Liverpool had've scored, we'd have been fucked, because we'd have been left with little time to retaliate after pissing away 70/80 minutes defending.

And better teams like City, Tottenham, Chelsea will score - so we need a new plan.
Last edited by Sid on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheesh
Legend

9 months ago

The funny thing is that Mourinho's previously had a pop at Chelsea for being so defensive (as he sees it).

He has some nerve.

I think we played to the occasion and showed Liverpool far too much respect. If you don't win but have at least had a go, then fair enough. The lack of intent in the 2nd half was what so frustrating, and ultimately won't get us very far (if we actually have serious aspirations of winning the league). City are the team to beat, and are smashing teams all over the park, so I don't see how anyone can see yesterday's result as positive. Liverpool won't be serious challengers for the title.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

9 months ago

Sid wrote:I don't agree that Mourinho was right to sit back and not take a risk until Klopp went more attacking. It's showing them too much respect. Newcastle, Burnley, Leicester, Watford all managed to score against them without playing this ridiculous "chess game" of who blinks first. They're not Barca. With our attacking players we would have carved them open. In fact we did the one time we put a decent attacking move together. Lukaku should have scored.

And I don't agree that we couldn't attack because Klopp never "went for it". You have to find a balance between defence and attack. You can't sacrifice one for the other. Klopp managed, and Liverpool looked more of a threat and more likely to win the game from the second half onwards. Whereas we sacrificed any attacking intent by the second half. And that's pretty shit considering Jose has his team now.

It's hailed as genius. But if Liverpool had've scored, we'd have been fucked, because we'd have been left with little time to retaliate after pissing away 70/80 minutes defending

And a better team like City, Tottenham, Chelsea will score - so we need a new plan.
Yeah, yeah... and if we had committed more forward and been done by Klopp on the counter, then Mourinho would have been hammered for that as well... and those teams you mentioned, Newcastle, Burnley, Leicester, Watford... who gives a fuck??? end of the season, we'll see where they finish... yesterday, Crystal Palace put 2 more past Contes Chelsea than they put past us... who here gives a fuck about that either???... except that Chelsea lost... THAT'S what matters!!!!

It was a dull, shit game... but Curtis is right... Klopps Liverpool didn't play their usual balls out game either... so perhaps Mourinhos plan to counter THAT, didn't match up... and he's also right that we contained Liverpool comfortably... it's always easy to sit back on your arse, and in hindsight, spot all the holes in a plan, and win the game with a bunch of "what if", and "should haves"... your neck isn't on the line if you get it wrong... Mourinho played the game he thought would work, and IF, you're honest about it, then you'd admit that before this game kicked off, it would have been exactly what you expected him to do... soak up pressure, and hit Klopps aggressive game on the counter... Klopp wasn't his usual aggressive self, because he was just as desperate not to lose as Mourinho... so the counter was nowhere near as effective...

A draw against Liverpool, on their patch, 1 point, move on... for over a 100 years, that's been a good result... now, all of a sudden, it's fuckin utter failure!!!