[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
HARRY'S.."Who was your player of the month" - United Rant

HARRY'S.."Who was your player of the month"

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
HARRY
Legend

HARRY'S.."Who was your player of the month"

Postby HARRY » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:38 pm

The First full month of the season has been and gone. The football has been better and the goals are flowing, albeit I'd regard it as a pretty easy start to the season.

But I must admit ive been pleasantly surprised at just how good a signing Matic was. Its easy to give it to the goal scorers and Lukaku has done just that. But sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture of how the team is operating. And this guy looks like he could do it with a blindfold on. So for me. The player of the month is Matic.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Sid
Legend

Re: HARRY'S.."Who was your player of the month"

Postby Sid » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 pm

Aye he's a big reason the football is better. The link between defence and attack is a lot smoother.

I think you have to give credit to Fellaini, Val and Young this month as well. They're turning up and doing the business in the games where they can make an impact. Mourinho will be chuffed to fuck with them. They're playing their arses off for him.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Can't argue with any of that, but a big shout has to go to Jones, who's probably been our best defender... and that's actually very important, because Lindelof hasn't turned up yet... without Jones, our defense would have been shit, probably needed extra support, which might have impacted on our attack, as Mourinho sacrificed up front to protect the back...

Also a shout for Martial, who's back to the player we had two years ago... a settled life is obviously key for him... Mourinho should put his missus on the payroll...

We've still got a way to go rebuilding... still 3 or 4 players that need to be shipped out for better... but it's progress
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Omg what is this? A football only topic thread that has all the big-hitters participating without any sniddy comments?!
I'm in!

For me the player of the month is....Jose!
No in all seriousness ....I'd give it to Matic as well...
But tbf is also give him signing of the season and will probably be our player of the season ...
I think everyone can see just how much we missed that player last season ...Carrick is finished and Matic is the player we needed...
Pogba started well and agreed that everyone has played well ... maybe I'd just give player of the month to the overall team-play :)
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Yeh. Martial is looking a tad happier and that's good. Surely cant be far from starting a game. That will be his big day. Hopefully it will be against some weaker opposition and he could bag a couple. I get the feeling the entire team and the fans want him to have a stormer.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:23 am

A no-brainer for me Harry: has to be Matic.
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Aye Matic, no matter his starting partner, it hasn't phased him and he's had three very different partners
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Did you go up to OT and present him with a trophy Harry?
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Return to “The Rant Forum”