Tough tests ahead...

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

The start of dec doesn't look fun: Arsenal away, Moscow at home mid week, then City at home - all in the space of a week
Davel
Legend

7 months ago

like what snoop ? the only one i can remember getting wrong was wanting mou in the first place.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

I'm worried that our flying start was an aberration and that we're now regressing back to the style of football we saw last season. The main reason for optimism is that we've still got players lie Pogba, Ibra, and Rojo to return from injury -- the latter looked like he could be a starting CB last season, and the other two are obviously magic winners most days. I don't think you could rule out signing someone like Ozil on the cheap in January either. City might run away with the PL by then, but we could have strong second half of the season and a good run in the champos.

My main fear is that we only looked gangbusters because we had an aggressive fitness program in the summer. We're a physical team already -- big lads who are strong but also quick -- but we also look fitter in the first few weeks of the season. We racked up goals in the last ten minutes. But now that everyone else is back in peak fitness and we're carrying a few injuries and looking a bit leggy, the lack of sophistication and ambition in our attacking play is really glaring.
redzebs
Legend

7 months ago

Yeah but they were shite and we had Ronaldo Young Rooney, Vidic Evra Rio, it was hardly starting from standing like they were ffs.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

So why are we still so shit away from home? This is going on a while now, I think it was true under LVG as well, but the difference between home and away is really clear now that we are starting to look like a proper title winning team at home. We're just mediocre defensive side on the road though, that sometimes nicks it, sometimes loses, mostly draws. Has a bottling mentality seeped in since Ferguson left? Do we shit ourselves away from friendly faces and familiar sights?
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

I think the mentality "keep it tight" away from home is a bit old fashioned now, with 6 top teams in the Prem. You need to do more these days, you have to take more risks.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

I think Jo Mo is banking on City going a bit soft through the winter. He probably has a view that the league will be decided by whoever does best in fixtures against the top 6, that a point away and win at home will be enough, and that our profligacy against the dross from last season won't be repeated.

Our approach against Chelsea will be the same as against Liverpool. Herrera will be put on Hazard, Lukaku will plough a long furrow and we'll look to take a point. It'll be shit to watch and if we go behind - forget it.

I watched the Sunday Supplement on Sky and they alluded to the point that Jose takes criticism of his playing style very personally. It stings him. But rather than changing and throwing off the shackles, he goes even deeper into his defensive, tactical shell.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

Worked a treat at OT last season Harry.

I reckon it's why Herrera isn't playing tonight. Keep him fresh
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 months ago

I thought we had the best away record in the league last season, or was it under gaal
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Yeah kicking fuck out of Hazard in last seasons 1-0 FA Cup loss against Chelsea was fucking pathetic. We kicked him, shoved him, threw him to the ground - and then the inevitable happened, Herrera got sent off and it's game over.

350m means we must have new tactics against them this season otherwise some cunt is going to see red again.