Tough tests ahead...

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Sid
Legend

Re: Tough tests ahead...

Postby Sid » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:52 pm

The start of dec doesn't look fun: Arsenal away, Moscow at home mid week, then City at home - all in the space of a week

Davel
Star Man

Postby Davel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:01 pm

like what snoop ? the only one i can remember getting wrong was wanting mou in the first place.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:25 pm

I'm worried that our flying start was an aberration and that we're now regressing back to the style of football we saw last season. The main reason for optimism is that we've still got players lie Pogba, Ibra, and Rojo to return from injury -- the latter looked like he could be a starting CB last season, and the other two are obviously magic winners most days. I don't think you could rule out signing someone like Ozil on the cheap in January either. City might run away with the PL by then, but we could have strong second half of the season and a good run in the champos.

My main fear is that we only looked gangbusters because we had an aggressive fitness program in the summer. We're a physical team already -- big lads who are strong but also quick -- but we also look fitter in the first few weeks of the season. We racked up goals in the last ten minutes. But now that everyone else is back in peak fitness and we're carrying a few injuries and looking a bit leggy, the lack of sophistication and ambition in our attacking play is really glaring.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Why city are doing better than us. Net transfer spend since arab takeover is 900million. Our net spending in the same period is 500 million.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/manches ... -transfers
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Yeah but they were shite and we had Ronaldo Young Rooney, Vidic Evra Rio, it was hardly starting from standing like they were ffs.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:56 am

So why are we still so shit away from home? This is going on a while now, I think it was true under LVG as well, but the difference between home and away is really clear now that we are starting to look like a proper title winning team at home. We're just mediocre defensive side on the road though, that sometimes nicks it, sometimes loses, mostly draws. Has a bottling mentality seeped in since Ferguson left? Do we shit ourselves away from friendly faces and familiar sights?

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:06 pm

I think the mentality "keep it tight" away from home is a bit old fashioned now, with 6 top teams in the Prem. You need to do more these days, you have to take more risks.

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

Postby ashleyfuckingyoung » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:31 pm

I think Jo Mo is banking on City going a bit soft through the winter. He probably has a view that the league will be decided by whoever does best in fixtures against the top 6, that a point away and win at home will be enough, and that our profligacy against the dross from last season won't be repeated.

Our approach against Chelsea will be the same as against Liverpool. Herrera will be put on Hazard, Lukaku will plough a long furrow and we'll look to take a point. It'll be shit to watch and if we go behind - forget it.

I watched the Sunday Supplement on Sky and they alluded to the point that Jose takes criticism of his playing style very personally. It stings him. But rather than changing and throwing off the shackles, he goes even deeper into his defensive, tactical shell.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Herrera on Hazard?? I dread to think how that's going to go. I think Hazard deserves a bit more respect than that Ash. He's pivotal to everything they do. We are going to need a lot more than Herrera to keep that cunt from fizzing around.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

Postby ashleyfuckingyoung » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:17 pm

Worked a treat at OT last season Harry.

I reckon it's why Herrera isn't playing tonight. Keep him fresh

Return to “The Rant Forum”