OT expansion...

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13440
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:47 am

OT expansion...

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:52 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... plans.html

Bout time...

I've been saying for years this could/should be done, but I think they should go further... if you're going to do it, go large... I think they could hit 100,000 if they wanted to...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1584
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: OT expansion...

Postby Steggo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4943592/Manchester-United-looking-Old-Trafford-expansion-plans.html

Bout time...

I've been saying for years this could/should be done, but I think they should go further... if you're going to do it, go large... I think they could hit 100,000 if they wanted to...


Will ticket prices reduce?

User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 18197
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: OT expansion...

Postby Sid » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4943592/Manchester-United-looking-Old-Trafford-expansion-plans.html

Bout time...

I've been saying for years this could/should be done, but I think they should go further... if you're going to do it, go large... I think they could hit 100,000 if they wanted to...


Will ticket prices reduce?

Will they fuck, they'll use it as an excuse to put prices up

Plus the Charlton stand has posh seats in it, so they'll revamp that area to fit the modern game and will slap an extra few quid on the top for the privilege

The stand does need expanding though. It will look great. Won't improve the atmosphere though, only standing, affordable tickets and actual proper football fan culture will do that. But imagine if proper fandom was allowed to return to the game, imagine the racket 88,000 fans would make. They'd tip the balance in some games just by being intimidating

User avatar
HARRY
Legend
Posts: 5929
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 3:56 am

Re: OT expansion...

Postby HARRY » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Sid wrote:
Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4943592/Manchester-United-looking-Old-Trafford-expansion-plans.html

Bout time...

I've been saying for years this could/should be done, but I think they should go further... if you're going to do it, go large... I think they could hit 100,000 if they wanted to...


Will ticket prices reduce?

Will they fuck, they'll use it as an excuse to put prices up

Plus the Charlton stand has posh seats in it, so they'll revamp that area to fit the modern game and will slap an extra few quid on the top for the privilege

The stand does need expanding though. It will look great. Won't improve the atmosphere though, only standing, affordable tickets and actual proper football fan culture will do that. But imagine if proper fandom was allowed to return to the game, imagine the racket 88,000 fans would make. They'd tip the balance in some games just by being intimidating


Cant disagree with that Sid. Lets just hope they don't fuck it up big time like they did with Tier 3. What a fuckin train wreck of an idea that was. South stand was always "the graveyard" when I was a regular patron, and expansion wont change anything there. if anything, it will see an increase in the away support because it will allow them more tickets. Maybe they could stick the away plebs in tier 3 somewhere as I know it has been discussed in the past because a lot of members who get thrown up there have complained that the atmosphere is dead because they are that far away they don't feel part of the home support. Seems the more logical thing to do. Surely the home fans should be looked after with the better viewing points.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

fat maradona
First Teamer
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:07 am

Re: OT expansion...

Postby fat maradona » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:40 am

They were talking of having a 'safe standing zone' but this would mean redrafting stadium legislation post Hillsborough. It'll be many more years before we see standing only zones in stadiums, too much risk.

I've been to games with Hormone, sat at the back of the Stretford End and even that was quieter than expected. Don't think it's just the posh brigade that make stadium atmospheres quieter, I think it's football fans in general. I remember the raucous atmosphere in the early 90's and compare to now, it's clear that the average fan is more interested in sitting there with his/her family and watching the game rather than get involved in making a load of noise.

User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 18197
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: OT expansion...

Postby Sid » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Safe standing is being trialled, Fatty. Celtic did it last season and it went down a storm. Now they're after expanding the section. Other english clubs have applied for it, and possibly even one Prem club.

It's not like the old standing, it's not just a terrace of barriers. There's seats between the bars so you can sit down if you want. And the barriers are designed so that people can freely move through them should they need to, like in the case of an emergency.

Like you say the atmosphere at most Prem games is shite. So I think now that english football fans are completely subdued, under the thumb, controlled, the state is open to allowing standing again. And the Prem want it because of falling attendances. They need to get fans back to games. And they take empty stadiums really seriously, so cheaper tickets and standing is the obvious way to go, so they're pushing it.

Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1584
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: OT expansion...

Postby Steggo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Sid wrote:Safe standing is being trialled, Fatty. Celtic did it last season and it went down a storm. Now they're after expanding the section. Other english clubs have applied for it, and possibly even one Prem club.

It's not like the old standing, it's not just a terrace of barriers. There's seats between the bars so you can sit down if you want. And the barriers are designed so that people can freely move through them should they need to, like in the case of an emergency.

Like you say the atmosphere at most Prem games is shite. So I think now that english football fans are completely subdued, under the thumb, controlled, the state is open to allowing standing again. And the Prem want it because of falling attendances. They need to get fans back to games. And they take empty stadiums really seriously, so cheaper tickets and standing is the obvious way to go, so they're pushing it.


http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... d-13574777

User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 18197
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: OT expansion...

Postby Sid » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:27 pm

The worry is the Glazers charge a shitload for it

senna
Legend
Posts: 2314
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: OT expansion...

Postby senna » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:31 pm


User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11275
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:21 am

Re: OT expansion...

Postby redzebs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Allowing pints past the fuckin 300 gambling boots would be good as well tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: madmax, Sid and 4 guests

Who Is Online

Users browsing this forum: madmax, Sid and 4 guests

Birthday

No birthdays today

Contact Us