[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Yeah, so the Board is fucked - United Rant

Yeah, so the Board is fucked

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Editor
Manager

Yeah, so the Board is fucked

Postby Editor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:32 pm

I'm doing my best to sort it out. So what happened?

My hosts insisted I upgrade from php 5.6 to 7 to save load on the server. This is good for the main site but not good for the forum.

Turns out phpBB 3.1 which we were running isn't compatible with php 7, hence the brokenness of everything around here.

phpBB have released version 3.2 which is compatible with php 7 BUT it's not backwards compatible with 3.1 MEANING that the theme, extensions and modifications don't work when I upgrade (which I've tried for hours today!).

What am I doing next?

Well the shit show is only going to get fixed by:

Clean install of 3.2
Updating mySQL database so its compatible
Installing the old theme (or new similar one if its not 3.2 compatible)
I'll port all the images over and the database is safe.

It's a cunt but it's our cunt. As they say. Nowhere.
---------------------
Editor, United Rant

swampash
Legend

Re: Yeah, so the Board is fucked

Postby swampash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:06 am

We still love you Ed!
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

FuB
Legend

Postby FuB » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 am

I can't vouch for how well it works but you might want to have a look into this non-official patch "fix" for phpBB 3.1

http://forum.dion-designs.com/t9150/mak ... th-php-70/

might at least give you a quick fix and allow you some more time to do an upgrade in the future. even if it doesn't fix the problem, you're not breaking something that isn't already broken. I can't tell exactly which version of phpBB you're running but you need to be at 3.1.9 or above so it may be that this fix isn't useable here. There are other caveats in the readme which may also make this moot.
The official Rant token Europhile

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:03 am

...hope this gets sorted soon...doing my head in and may cost us participants...

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:04 am

...hope this gets sorted soon...doing my head in and may cost us participants...

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:58 pm

...it even doubles your post, sometimes...

dozer
Legend

Postby dozer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:58 pm

preg_replace_callback - means I've impregnated the forum, replace and call back ex girlfriend..

*I'll see myself out.*

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Any idea how long before it's sorted Ed?

brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Postby brianofnazarethffs » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:38 pm

I’ve messaged Ed on another platform. Just waiting on the reply!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..Also FELLANI, SMALLING, LINGARD are cunts. Thundercunts.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:30 pm

It's fucking hard work posting on here, it needs fixing asap

Return to “The Rant Forum”