Yeah, so the Board is fucked

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

This place is fucked!

Never mind the old crowd like Naily, Dreads, Galway, Cal, etc... what about Marlon, Justin, Cooper, Snoops, even Zebs has lost interest... Ranters are sick of this place, and anyone looking to join are no doubt thinking, "what a fuckin asylum"... the only new poster that I can think of is Pint, and most of the board would rather he'd fuck off!

And I reckon that's why it's not getting sorted... Ed could probably fix it if he wanted... but what's the fuckin point? Fuck it, let it rot!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Innit

Max Clifford telling nonce jokes, Pint trying to justify hitting his wife, just let it die

If anyone has twitter go there. There's lots of fun to be had.
swampash
Legend

10 months ago

...dont do twitter. If this place folds that's it for me unless we set up an email group.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Just sign up. Ed and a load of other cunts are on there. You have to type less so Zebs would struggle, but it's better for matchdays, humour etc.

Failing that join the Caf? If a few people go over I will as well, providing they let me sign up these days, cunts never used to recognise my internet provider hence why I joined Rant originally.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Tbf I killed the forum when I called Harry out on his paedo shite. He's been vexxed since then, on a crusade, delirious, thinking about me day and night. Every time he posts "the gift" you see it. I killed him / the forum at that moment. It's been downhill on Rant since then.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Mega fucked now, have to do a real specific set of clicks to get on the cunting thing otherwise I just get an error page
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

Seemed to be completely offline for a period last night and kept giving SQL errors. This might actually be linked to the first part of Ed's todo list on the first post of this thread, i.e. he needs to upgrade the database server before doing anything else.

it's fair enough if no one else here realises that his todo list is a right fucking pain in the arse set of things to do, each one potentially fucking more stuff up or having other negative effects so it's not a quick fix regardless of when Ed decides to do it.

Ed also posted a tweet at the end of November saying he'd been really busy over the last months due to his job and a new baby and hadn't been able to write much for the main site... so that might help to explain why this forum isn't the top of his priorities. People posting shit here as if he should just drop everything because you feel entitled to a free forum on a plate should maybe try and be a bit more patient.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

Fair enough, though the comments are borne more out of frustration than malice. Maybe you should offer to help him Fuß?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

I did earlier suggest a possible quick unofficial "fix" which would take a lot less time to try out. it still relies on other things being at the right level and I can't determine whether they are or not.

as for helping Ed out... i'd be more than happy to but he'd have to essentially give me full on admin permissions to the whole site (including the main part) to do what needs doing and i'd be surprised if he'd want to give the keys to the cupboard to an unknown quantity. I wouldn't in his shoes. I might drop him a line to at least offer but i'd be surprised if he took me up on it.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Mumford
First Teamer

9 months ago

This is the problem with using sharware, when servers are updated for better performance it takes along time for the phpBB minions to upgrade their side, and as a lot of forums have found out it's not back compatible. Like so many things, life gets in the way, and you need more than one full adminwith FTP rights to run one, I can appreciate that it's Eds baby, and he wants to keep it that way, but as I found out, you have outside pressures as you get older, like work and family, and the forum takes a back seat.
There are options;
Start from scratch.
New Admins with FTP rights, new platform, new server. ( Ed owns the domain United Rant) So it would have to be new name.

Persuade Ed to hand over rights to this board to someone he trusts (?)

Wait until Ed fixes this one, but it seems that either he doesn't have the time, or phpBB minions can't fix it without reqriting the whole script, which could take a long time.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head