[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
vs Tottenham - United Rant

vs Tottenham

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Sid
Legend

vs Tottenham

Postby Sid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:13 am

A proper test

I think if we attack them we can win. Might have to ride our luck, and Kane will score, but it's possible.

Also could do with winning all our home games as we're shite away from home

Davel
Star Man

Re: vs Tottenham

Postby Davel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:57 pm

there shouldn`t be a difference in our approach to home or away games,we should be looking to win every league game. cup games you may be able to make a case for different tactics, but to show fear of a certain team because were away is part of our problem,were so hell bent on defending we have no attack. surely this fear must infuence our players.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:25 pm

Aye it tells the players we aren't very good, which isn't very confidence boosting.

But I think the grief Mourinho got for being so defensive against Liverpool and then losing to Huddersfield means he / the club are under a lot of pressure to get a result against a big team, so I can see us attacking more against Tottenham. Also if the plan is to bore our way to draws away from home against the top 5 then it means we have to beat them at home anyway. So in that context I can see us attacking. We don't have much of a choice.

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Lol Sid
Hahahahahaha so if we attack it's just coz he's been getting grief !!!!
You're so full of it.

You think Jose reacts to your opinions?!

Go start your Jose Out thread
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Have you been on the Caf recently, Snoop? You'd lose your mind if you saw what some fans were talking about. Heretics!

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:33 pm

[quote="Sid"]Have you been on the Caf recently, Snoop? You'd lose your mind if you saw what some fans were talking about. Heretics![/quote

I just think everyone has gone overboard ...just because it's Jose !

Top of CL group and will Q next game....2nd in the PL ...scored more goals already than we did in nearly all of LVGs full season
Played some quality attacking football until this latest international break- hit with injuries and some undue negativity IMHO after the Liverpool game etc

I'm not going to always back Jose by the way...
I want him to use Tuanzebe more ....
I'd like Fosu brought back in Jan....
I'd like him to strengthen in Jan...if Glazers back him....
I'd want him to do something with Gomes....he needs to acknowledge him and let us know there's a plan for him ....I'll probnably hold him responsible if Gomes leaves at some stage...
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:42 pm

Fair enough. You forgot Fellaini though, you want him gone as well. But that isn't going to happen now is it. We're just going to have to wait til he gets old or the next manager gets rid.

Ancelotti will get rid when he takes over

Davel
Star Man

Postby Davel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:47 pm

maybe he ignores all input snoop players included,we have a inflated table position we should be about 7th,but dumb luck and starting fitness pushed us up to the inflated table position.
this alone keeps him safe for now, but in 2 weeks time when were 4th maybe the players say enough is enough, and fuck you mou were gonna play to our best talents or not at all.
I do remember chelski doing this, so too did real madrid.

he does react to the sack and he`s on a path with not many exits, if he loses the dressing room he`s gone. so will he listen to advisers i dont know (hope he does)

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:29 am

Anyone got thoughts on a probabale line up?
3 CBs?
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

Postby ashleyfuckingyoung » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:08 am

This is a massive game, both in the context of our season hopes and our recent 'form'. A win and a strong performance, on the front foot, is needed.

Big choice over who partners Smalling. All things considered, I'd have to go with Blind over Lindelof, but I can see us going 3 at the back, with Lindelof AND Blind next to Smalling. Young and Valencia at wing back.

Return to “The Rant Forum”