[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
vs Tottenham - Page 13 - United Rant

vs Tottenham

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
redzebs
Legend

Re: vs Tottenham

Postby redzebs » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 pm

He miscontrolled a ball at the side of the pitch after going missing for a while and yes that small section shouted at him and give him a bit of for fuck sake that’s shite come on Lakaku type abuse/motivation.

When Rashford got taking off instead of Lakaku there were definitely 100% boos, maybe that’s what he’s on about.

He needs booing if he’s going missing, getting caught off side, hitting cross stroke pass shite into the crowd, losing the ball, losing 50/50 challenges, sauntering.

Gary Neville got fuck sake came out at the time picking up on a bit of unrest from the fans when Lakaku didn’t bother chasing a ball he might not have got but Nev said, Rom, word of advice mate, at Old Trafford you need to chase lost causes and run yourself into the ground if you want to have a chance with the fans.

Zlatan banged in goals and didn’t get caught offside as much, he’s already a legend so he got slack but even people questioned him dandering the odd time,

Berbatov was skilful and clever enough that he didn’t need to run loads but the fans didn’t take to him.

It’s not a new thing, you need to come off that pitch fucked, literally having mentally and physically drained yourself, if you don’t, fans won’t back you.

That’s just the way it is.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Good review

Especially the big arojnd halfway thru talking about Ashley young

https://youtu.be/tR1hN0lNiBM
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Zebs, the Rashford sub... I thought fans were booing the fact our best attacker was going off, and that it was a like for like sub rather than a more attacking sub, aka leave Rash on and add Martial into the mix

Either way Jose is great at creating a storm in a teacup

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:43 am

He makes some good points about the midfield. I don't why Matic-Herrera is not working at all. Herrera's not a world beater, but he's looked like a decent hard working all rounder on plenty of previous occasions, with a good head for tactics.

Of course our game is never going to that pretty or controlling when we're playing three CMs that don't do much with the ball. I think he bought Lindelof because he can confidential play the ball and it leaves the possibility open for three at the back without really killing the side's footballing potential.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:11 am

I think Matic has a real headache with Herrera and Mikki to feed. He's no idiot and he'll know Mikki is struggling for form badly, and Herrera is a stopper he's not a creator. That's why we look very pedestrian in the middle. Which literally hands that part of the pitch over to the opposition. The Pogs has been a huge miss.

And more evidence that Martial is the new Olly. But I'm not sure he'd be happy to live out that role.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:00 am

What we have to realise is that although everything is far from perfect it is the fact that City are worryingly playing some incredible like the prem hasn't seen for a while. They treating the opposition like Utd did in the 90,s .Otherwise Utd have got off to a splendid start ( the debacle at Huddersfield aside)
Unfortunately Utd are not going to be able to match City's approach Jose doesn't have those players,hence the pragmatic let them have the ball and let them make the mistakes ( hopefully) risky business but it's worked for him, and not one for the blood pressure of the supporters.
I agree it doesn't look like he knows how to get the best out of Lukaku ,he did at least win several aerial duels on sat ,nearly scored and made the winner so you can't knock the lad for that, plus he's still bedding in ,De Bruyne,Sterling even Sane have been at the Emtyhad a few seasons now.
Pogba who got similar peters has been a bigger loss than everyone first though esp complicated by the injury to Fellani ,the sooner they are back the better.
The above 2 alongside Matic are a formidable 3some to face.Mikit is taking far too long to show his best form and I would sooner see Rashford in that place ,I agree with GNev that Martial never seems to playing 100% its up to Jose to unlock
You can forget Lindleov he's toast other than in the worthless or the CL deads.He has found it hard than most to settle,give the lad time.,otherwise if the defenders can stay fit for more than two weeks at a time ,Jose is comfortable with them esp protected by the 3 beasts in front.
The goal sat came from a long pass down the field by DDg not a hoof which got City a similar goal for D bruyne in the derby,it takes all sought,one of City's goals on sat was magnificent for the number of passes and I agree it's nice to see ( well) but it's with a lot of risk ,Utd got the same result with minimum passes,it takes all slights.
One last slight criticism is that I don't get the approach to set prices ,firstly corners If I was Jose I would fine any cunt who hit the first man at a set piece,second I get frustrated that they get under the ball and don't attack from a wider deeper position.Utd should getting more out of set prices or should if they have the 3 mentioned!Smalling,Rojo,Ibra attack the ball.
The complete fuck up at Huddersfield has spoilt an otherwise great start considering the injuries.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Decent post Vulgy. And you alluded to what ive been saying some weeks now. That we need to see whos going to create when Pogs is out. I think weve more than seen the answer. And thats no cunt. Mikki has been absolutely dreadful. And how fuckin lucky are we to have got Matic. Mata and Herrera dont look the future. Jo-Mo will invest next summer.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:10 am

So that’ll be what 11 players signed by then Harry?

I agree with the midfield but let’s face it, he loves Fellani, so there’s no point spending money on a bench warmer, let’s see how McItomney does and next season, if he hits a growth spurt, I’d bring Angle into the overall squad.

You can’t just sign a whole new fuckin team plus DDG ffs lol.

Zlatan
Pogba
Bailey
Lindelof
Matic
Mickey T
Lakaku

And he’s got DDG Valencia Rashford and Martial, I think giving Tuanzabe more game time and give Perriera and Fosu a chance at dm and am when the loans are up.

Do that and it’ll buy you loads of time
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:19 am

Are you fucking bonkers ? Wtf do you want to play one who can't get in a shite CP team ,another who was never near the first team and has been offloaded to fields afar ,another who doesn't get in England's u 17 ,
Plus what's up with Fellani are you suggesting the kids are more effective,they have missed him as much as Pogba.
And. Pep as more or less in comparison bought a new team ,he won't be playing U 20,s unless they are like Messi.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:22 am

How much do we have to spend to beat Hudderfield away ffs. We've already got one of the most expensive sauads ever assembled. 600m?

Return to “The Rant Forum”