vs Tottenham

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Sid
Legend

Re: vs Tottenham

Postby Sid » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Yeah tbf. He still needs to do it at a normal club that doesn't have endless riches to prove himself - not that he gives us a fuck about what we think tbf.

But his coaching is evident. His teams don't just win stuff like other top managers, they win it with style, playing some of the best football you'll ever see.

No doubt his philosophy will have its day. He might become a parody of himself as he seeks to perfect it. But right now it's the bollocks.

I also like that Sarri-ball shite. Would love to see it done with top players.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:27 am

Guardiolas football is fantastic, but it only works if the players are good enough to play it... and the number of players in the game good enough to play it to a successful level is limited... doesn't matter how good a coach he is, he couldn't pull off that football and win with a midlable side... they just wouldn't have the quality to protect/retain the ball, and they'd be constantly losing possession in dangerous situations... it would fail badly... he has to have a very high standard of player for his football to work... that's not his fault, mind... he has a vision of how the game can be played, and if he has the players for it, he takes the game to a different level...

Seems to me, I read somewhere that he's basically admitted as much, as well...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:40 am

Yeah I don't think anybody would dispute that. Just like Jose's long ball shite wouldn't make a midtable sude title winners.

The counter argument would be sarri-ball is rocking for Napoli. They're top of Serie A and smashing everyone with basically the same players who didn't do anywhere near as well under the old system. Alright they might not win the league but that style of football is making then punch well above their weight.

Return to “The Rant Forum”