vs Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Yeah he would have died on his arse in that game. He couldn't handle Chelsea's press.

Carragher and Souness make some good points in the interview those quotes are taken from. Alf won't post them though.

All this "the midfield me shit" whose fault is that now, after 350m, 3 transfer windows
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

At least Carrick would have knocked it up to Lukaku a few times. Probably a bit old for chasing after Fabregas and Bakayoko though. It's also dreadful playing three CBs if none of them are strong on the ball.

Chelsea and United's formations matched up with one another almost exactly, and in almost every match up the Chelsea player was better.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

What about playing Carrick as a centreback?

Away from home when we park the bus he wouldn't have to do much running. He'd not get anywhere near the halfway line. Then we'd have someone who could play it out of defence.

Temporary fix like
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

"including carrick there is laughable tbf"

He passes better than any of the other cunts on the pitch Sunday... that's something...

What's really laughable, is the fact Chelsea, with Fabregas, Kante, Hazard, Bakayoko, and Morata, could only put one past our shitty midfield, and our defence that so many here reckon is so bad!

Still, they got the 3 points... and that's all that matters, right???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

"Yeah he would have died on his arse in that game. He couldn't handle Chelsea's press.

Carragher and Souness make some good points in the interview those quotes are taken from. Alf won't post them though.

All this "the midfield me shit" whose fault is that now, after 350m, 3 transfer windows"

Haha... that is priceless... so, one of our best passers, who would offer the kind of control, and possession that YOU want, would have been useless??? And while you complain about the money we spent, and our £90mill midfielder, who you don't rate was out with injury, and you think you've made a good point!

You've got no limits, do you Sid?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

"What's really laughable, is the fact Chelsea, with Fabregas, Kante, Hazard, Bakayoko, and Morata, could only put one past our shitty midfield, and our defence that so many here reckon is so bad!"

Yeah I was thinking the same thing looking at the two sides' starting line ups. But there's no question that we were poor in possession of the ball. The back three mostly defended well, but none are confident on the ball, so that's a big handicap.