vs Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Zebs, Lukaku is a lump but he didn't get any service tbf. Nobody found him. Nowt from the flanks, Rashford tried but wasn't on it, Mickey horrendous. In these big games he barely touches the ball.
dozer
Legend

5 months ago

Lukaku is useless if he doesn't get the service. The ball was hoofed to him without any players near him. He'll struggle.
Lukaku is only useful when the team attacks. Yeah, you could say that about a lot of strikers, but Lukaku for the type of player he is, needs the service.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 months ago

we all knew what wed get from the cunt tbf, he'll get his goals agianst the riff raff but xfactory shite or being able to do shite on his own fucking no chcnace tbf, we signed him cause hes a big lump so assumed we could smash it up to him but he cant cope tbf, shite signing for me,

tbf if the next manager wants to play proper football were probably gonna have to take a loss on him tbf
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

5 months ago

It's not the end of the world, we're better than last season, but still not that good. We've no replacement for Pogba, that's clear.

The trouble is Jose is a two year man, and the club isn't going to keep spending money on players like it has been. So this coming summer is another big moment. It's fucking tragic to think that Pochettino is the manager Spurs turned to when we "gazumped" them on LVG. Couldn't make it up.
redzebs
Legend

5 months ago

that’s my point Knobby, that’s all it is, because he’s big we hoof it to him but he’s an anomaly he needs balls played in front of him and support.

HE needs that. But I’m not hating on him, I’m just saying WE don’t need that, and I get slated all the time for this but a world record centre forward signing as he was at the time NEEDS to be able to produce something for nothing, when the odd time he gets th ball he has to hit the target or beat a few players or do something to change a game.

All I’ve heard on Mutv is apologist shite, oh yeah he hit the post against Spurs once, did he aye? Many goals does that get you? None? Fucking great. Oh he got an assist, aye our keeper hoofed it up the field and he headed it in the general direction of a better player.

Oh but bu but Spurs beat Madrid and Liverpool.

Spurs were off pace against us and were still the better team.

This new tactic as well of starting out playing for 10 mins Im assuming to try and score then sitting back and fucking up simple balls for 70 mins then throwing an x factory cunt on for 10 mins to try and score.

Is this a new type of football? We’ve had gengen and tiki taki and Sari and total football, what the fucks this called?

Wicky wacky? Because it makes no sense to me.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Why did Jose sign Mickey? He doesn't want to be here. Last season his body language was a bit better, but this season it's fucking awful.

I can understand wanting the german player of the year in your team. But he has to want to move, to play in Jose's system, to live in england. And none of that looks to be the case.

It's looking like a horrendous fuck up that's costing us
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

There’s a fair amount that I disagree with Sid on in football terms, but he’s right when he says that there’s much more wrong with us than 1 single thing.

We’ve spent fortunes over the last 5 years, but our only top drawer player is David De Gea. We’re still littered with soft defenders and look to have spent 30m on another this summer. Valenica has been a success in being converted to left back, but the fact that our best option at left back is Ashley Young – having had 4 years and spent in the region of 70m on Shaw, Blind and Rojo, is a joke.
In midfield we lack technical ability. There’s no cohesion – our only midfielder who can spot a pass is Pogba, who cost 80m and even he hasn’t been a rip roaring success. Miki and Herrera, 30m a piece – neither can control big games and neither excels at any one thing. Fellaini, another 30m player is a liability. Up front, our big money striker can control a football, and both Rashford and Martial lack any sort of consistency, and both are unable to really control a ball in tight spaces under pressure in big games – like Hazard does, for example.

We are better placed than we we’re 18 months ago, but fuck me there’s still a lot to do.
bman2
Legend

5 months ago

Fellaini - is Fellaini
Mata - too weak, too slow
Di Maria - cunt
Shaw - injuries etc, never going to make it
Herrera - nothing special
Rojo - looks alright, not top class
Blind - alright squaddie, weak and slow
Falcao - crock
Martial - bags of talent, hasn't delivered consistently yet
Schneiderlin - flopped
Depay - flopped
Schweinsteiger - waste of time
Pogba - excellent, but £100M
Mkhitaryan - hasn't delivered
Bailly - good
Ibra - slow, old, but good
Lukaku - flat track bully
Matic - excellent
Lindelof - not good so far

It's not great reading.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 months ago

I was quite vocal on my opinion when Mourinho was in the frame for the job... but since the moment he signed I’ve backed him. He inherited an absolute shit squad..BUT he must now proud his worth...it’s not just happening at the moment and it’s his job to fix it and quick. Due to the squad overhaul I can only give him ONE more summer window to sort this shit out then I’ll be first to attack the fucker.

Some of these players need to take a fucking serious look at themselves too, way too many average quality players who need to go. Jones and Smalling are nowhere near good enough and I’d be happy to never see the cunts in a United shirt again. We have to sort our defence out once and for all. A solid back four, picked week in week out.

Miki.. he needs to know, absolute shit house bottle job. I’ve been a huge critic of Fellani but at least the cunt tries and puts a shift in. I’m also thinking Lukaku is yet to prove his worth when it matters.

So depressing to see how quick Pep has assembled a style and squad... they look streets ahead!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
sheesh
Legend

5 months ago

^^ :ymapplause: ^^

I have no idea how Smalling and Jones are still with us. I was watching a Full Time Devils video on YouTube and one of the cunts on there was talking about Fellaini and Carrick as our plan B and Plan C respectively in the absence of Pogba. I mean, FFS.

We've spent all this money, yet we look worse on the eye than clubs that have spent less than us.