vs Chelsea

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
bman2
Legend

Re: vs Chelsea

Postby bman2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:28 pm

If Martial, Rashford, and Mkhitaryan were playing for Pep, they'd be scoring a stupid number of goals. Every single one of our attacking players looked a better player under their previous manager (whether that was at United or not).

Jose knows how to build and manage winning sides, there's no doubt, but our attacking play barely seems to exist at all, it's just quick players getting at 'em quick on the break and improvising.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Agreed. But you forget to mention that Pep also shipped out 26 players at City and brought in 19 new ones. Bearing in mind I've been saying for 18 months we need a total overhaul.

Guardiola spent £430 million on a total refit. Joey had to spend £350 million trying to correct the £300 million Van Dross wasted. City farmed out all there hangers on to other clubs, and paid their wages. A luxury United cant afford. So Joey has to continue to polish the turds.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:38 am

Harry,

DDG top drawer

Tony V widely accepted as a good rb

He bought two defenders

He broke the bank on Pogba

He broke the bank on Lakaku

He signed a two time German player of the year

He bought Zlatan

He bought Matic who had just won the league

You’ve went from JoMo will turn Depay into a player, JoMo will win the league, JoMo will get us playing were fans want to watch,

And now you’re starting this fuckin Top Red shite ie oh I’m Harry I’m old, I remember when we were a cup team, you’re all a bunch of moany cunts.

And it’s fucking ballix.

You give that group of players to an attacking coach and we are 10 x better to watch.

I literally can’t believe you are playing the poverty card. It beggars belief.

He’s signed 7 fuckin players of his own and inherited a world class keeper, a few great kids, a good rb and it’s the same turgid shite every week.

He’s had 3 transfer windows, bought 7 of his own players and has already got decent players in nailed down positions and you are saying it’s money and it’s a lean spell??????
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 am

For goodness sake stop crying, look at it like this, Utd without Pogba and a fit Fellani ,a Carrick ( maybe Ibra) alternative are just off the mark,the Champions Chelsea who were not hampered by similar important players missing ,Kante back ,Hazard fit again Morata fit ( went off early against the bitters) Reading the reports and comments anyone would belive Utd got battered when in effect they were a deflection away from getting a point.
What is all this long ball bollock ? You play to your strengths,in fact imo there wasnt enough longer passes from Utd ,not accurate ones anyway, you have all fell into the 'booooot' shout devised by Arsenal fans because they have underachieved playing the nice tippy tappy ,ok City ( who were very fortunate yesterday) are ripping it up atm ,lets wait and see.
My complaint was the opposite yesterday,Jose should have stuck Fellani up front straight away he clearly wasnt fit enough to play deeper ,and the way they fucked about passing sideways instead of passing into the box early.
Utd dont have a WC player currently like a Hazard or a DeBruyne,Silva, other than maybe Pogba and a fully fit Ibra .So lets wait and see ,they have played Liverpool ,Chelsea A and Spurs H recently without a full squad and conceeded 1 goal .

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 am

Just another 80m and 22 more players and Jose will suddenly know how to play like Pep, honest

And if you disagree kill yourself

Harry in a nutshell

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 am

Jose doesnt have to play Peps way he been as successful by his own methods .

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:04 am

Bman's right, every one of our forwards looked better under their previous managers - even Rash did in a worse team under Gaal. Our forward line would be smashing teams if they played that modern attacking football that's dominating the game now.

Tbf if it wasn't for Pep we'd be top - just. But that's been the case for Jose for the last 8 years in which he's won 2 leagues - and only 1 when directly up against him. I think if Guardiola signed a new long term contract tomorrow the other top managers would just leave.

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 am

Well he wont Pep will fuck off sooner rather than later ,just hope he doesnt have two Pl and more over a CL in his bag , and i dont agree Rashford or Martial for that matter looked any different under previous.
To put this into prospective its fairly obvious Utd have missed creativity in midfield since Pogba was injured and Carrick as his stand in ,for me they missed Fellani as well. Mikitariyan is not up to the premier league yet maybe never will be,neither is Herrera so they took the field two men down at the start 3 if you include Lukaku ( but was/ is that the game jury out on the big fella )
I,ll judge this when the squad is running on all cylinders,he can only play with what hes got.

senna
Legend

Postby senna » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Pep already had the best player in the league in De Bryune before he joined.

He also already had one of the best forwards in Aguero and one of the best midfielders in David Silva.

City have bought a lot of quality meanwhile Utd have wasted so much money on average players.

But Mourinho is not gonna win the league as long as Pep is here.

Davel
Star Man

Postby Davel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

we already have a team capable of taking on city and certainly have the beating of chelski and liverpool.
from our squad of 26, theres 14 players good enough to do the buisness .sad thing is we dont have a management team that can spot/pick this team from the pool they pick from.
yes we will suffer from when a player is injured or suspended as any1 of the 12 dross will and do weaken us substantially. and the manager picks 6 of these dross every week to feed his frenzy of not conceeding many,but alas 1 is enough to conceede as we dont have an attack.

my starting 11 would be DDG,AV,EB,Rojo,(jones as sub)Shaw(tuanzebe as sub)Pogs,Matic,now this clown hasn`t signed an attacking midfielder/pass-master So i would play Gomes there ahead of (Mata) with Martial,Lucky and Rashy my forward 3.
handing out contracts to the rest is killing us,sell them all,the wage bill alone would get us 3 more players,and sales of the dross will probally get another 3 more dont make excuses about distant managers mistakes,he has the final say on who plays (ask luke shaw).

Return to “The Rant Forum”