already looks a mess tbf with the two big lumps up front

hoofs ahoy tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Whose the CF, Lukaku or Ibra? The players don't even know

Ibra kept walking into the CF position whenever he pleased, so Lukaku stood 10 yards off him or drifted out to the right where he's just a useless lump

Jose's done absolutely no training with em, there's no chemistry
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

I'd rather Ibra was thrown on than Fellaini. If we're dominating possession it should be dangerous, if we're not it probably won't work well other than as a long ball strategy.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Ibra needs to fucking run into position, not walk, because he slows the game down

And he needs to ditch this "I'm a lion, I can walk into whatever position I want", and play as part of the team

Jose needs to show some balls and sort him out
redzebs
Legend

10 months ago

Zlatan I thought would rotate 10 with Mata providing you’ve Matic and Pogba but aye he was telling Lakaku to go wide and what to do and as three pundits said, they’d worry, eventually Lakaku is going to go I’m the £90 mill striker I’m not doing a squaddie job just because you’re a “lion”.

And Zlatan is Zlatan like.

I’d play Mata ahead of Pogba and Matic behind Lakaku and Zlatan behind Rashford or Martial.

Because they won’t mind.

Lakaku, I don’t rate him because he’s not versatile enough for the money but you know what you are getting, so why did Jose buy him?

That’s what I can’t work out.

He needs Pogba Mata, proper wingers all feeding him in the box.

He’s not an x factory player, he doesn’t do anything bar stand on the pen spot and score, that’s what he does and he’s good at it but if Zlatans telling him go there and Jose is shouting track back, eventually he’s gonna go fuck this. Would Fergie tell RVN or Cole or RVP to do donkey shite? Would he fuck.

If Zlatan could play in front of Pogba and just stay there and feed silky balls to Lakaku, he’d score for fun.

Weird buy and set up.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Aye Zebs, it is a weird set up. If you're going to play Zlat and Lukaku you need to play with two strikers close together, because both are shite wide. Something like 442 or 352.

Problem is Lukaku has the mobility Zlat doesn't have, and Zlat has the x factor and touch that Lukaku doesn't have. If we could get that in one player we'd have a world class forward. But as it happens Jose's got a problem trying fit them both into the team and keep them both happy.

The performances have to be the deciding factor. Stick with what works. Don't sacrifice the performances and play a lopsided team in order to keep them happy.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

We got the wrong player... don't know why Moratta didn't happen, but I suspect it had to do with Perez trying to fuck us around out of spite, or demanding Big Dave, and Woodworm/Mourinho not havin it... if true, then that's fair enough... I wouldn't like to have gotten bent over by that fucker, but still Moratta is the forward we really needed... he'd have been a better fit all round... scored plenty himself, and been a great foil for whoever else he played with, Rashers, martial, even Ibs... Lukaku is exactly what everyone knew he'd be... a blunt tool, for hammering at the door... never going to be a precision instrument in a clever attack...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Nicely put, Alf. And quite a statement too tbf, to say that we signed the wrong striker. It's a major fuck up on Jose / the Clubs part if so.

Morata is a more complete forward IMO. His all round game is better, trapping it, laying it off, and he's more intelligent. He scores all types of goals as well including a lot with his head.
sheesh
Legend

10 months ago

Madrid fucked us about over the price, I believe. Sold Morata to Chelsea for less than what we offered.

I get why we signed Lukaku. We were desperate. He's alright, but just not United quality.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

The problem might be solved for a couple of weeks as Brighton want Lukaku banning retrospectively for kicking Bong twice or some shit