vs Watford

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

This is a potential fuck up. Watford are savvy cunts, Silva is a decent manager, and Elton will get em up for it. So there's a strong chance we'll see Van Jose again.

Tuesday night this as well btw
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

Yeah I think we'll come unstuck here.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

We lost there 3-1 last season. And they're unbeaten at home in the league so far this season, except for City who mullered em 6-0.

Tbf it actually feels like we're underdogs so maybe we could spring a surprise
pint vulger
Legend

7 months ago

WE.........lost 3-1 last season , well cheers for that Motty.

They are unbeaten at home apart from when they lost 6-0 !!! .........

So they are not unbeaten at home ,are they ?

What a bell.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 months ago

Being a couple of pedantic twats, yeah?

Sids point makes perfect sense to everyone else, and is legitimate... they're playing well, are a tough team to beat at home, and we're struggling to score... it's got fuck up and dropped points all over it...

Isn't that what he said???

Gotta get in there with a shitty snidey remark, though right?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

On the flip side, Watford will probably have a go. I don't think they'll play to frustrate us. So there should be spaces to get at them. However, we'll need to defend strongly and we MUST show aggression and urgency in how we play. If we do, we should win.

But if I was a betting, I'd wager that Watford will show more heart and tempo in how they play, get about us quickly, get the crowd going and beat us. I can see a re-run of last season. They're nearly 4/1 to beat us..... great odds that.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Aye Ash, they think they can beat us so it will be interesting to see how we line up, whether Jose shits his pants and plays for a draw or whether he takes a risk, lets us attack and goes for 3 points.

It's a game where we need the right balance between defence and attack, not all of one and none of the other like we've seen so far.
Davel
Legend

7 months ago

if he sets up to not lose, we need to lose him. This is a certain 3 points for a genuine championship contender,not a point won, but 2 dropped. and if the manager cant see this he needs sacking or help leaving. ITS WATFORD FFS not real madrid.
Count Jackson
First Teamer

7 months ago

Hope the team are up for this tonight.
Do you want Fries with that?
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

3 at the back, good, that's probably the way to go. In theory it should allow us to play a more balanced defensive/attacking game. Depends what mindset Jose has sent em out with though.