vs City

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Dozer, the media put the socalled diving and 'luck' shit Jose came up with to Pep in his post match presser, as if that kind of bullshit is worth taking seriously let alone asking the opposition manager after a historic record equalling win

It's Mourinho affecting the narrative. I guaran fucking tee by next may it will be well established that City won the league thanks to "luck" and cheating. Jose's hard at work establishing it now, and the press will lap it up. By may it will be the 'truth'.

But the reality is we've spent a lot of money but we're not very good, and they are, and that's why we're 11 points behind.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 year ago

If we bin Mourinho off.... who would replace him? Another 2-3 year investment cycle again. I couldn’t give a fuck if he left but who is out there? Seriously.

It’s just all so fucking depressing.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
senna
Legend

1 year ago

A manager that is not past it and can actually develop players would be a start.
senna
Legend

1 year ago

I don't think the next manager needs to reinvent the whole squad. We got some good players and some with potential.

Just get rid of the old dross Young, Valencia, Smalling etc..
danniitronix
Legend

1 year ago

35% possession at home, worst at home this season. Yes, they were lucky. Ffs.

It was a total slapping but not surprising at all. Moany isn’t bad he is just not as good as Pep. We have the players who can do better than that at home in December, its Moany not the players. He shat it to be fair.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

I never thought I'd say this, but replacing Young and Valencia aren't the priority.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Bri, it's a difficult one.

I've often said that we hired Mourinho because he was the best possible choice available. You cannot knock the guy's achievements in the game.

On the one hand, we may give the manager a contract extension, and carry on over-paying for new signings like Lukaku and Lindelof (whilst still playing fairly average football).

On the other hand, if we don't give the extension (and just let him see out his contract), as you say, who else is there? Is there anyone else out there who encourages attacking football, and has a decent eye for a player, who could do the job? Poch is Spain-bound IMO, so I wouldn't include him.

I don't know what we're going to do, but I do think we have under-performed for all the money spent. We ended up with him almost by default. Are we now going to stick with Mourinho by default?
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Jose has only won 6 of his 20 odd titles after 2010 (didn't count community shields but did include shite like the League Cup and EL) - and he did it at 3 of the richest clubs in the world. Of those 6 it's 'only' 2 league titles compared to the 6 he won before 2010.

So there's no doubt his football isn't as effective as it used to be. It's still great like but Pep has raised the bar, and with Bielsa, Sarri and Klopp developed a new super aggressive attacking style. Poch and Conte have brought new things to the table n all, like Spurs' brilliant attacking movement and Conte's 3 at the back. So Jose has to adapt and meet the new challenge like Fergie did. But so far when he's come up against them, he hasn't, he's just shat his pants and played the same old ultra conservative hoofball.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

lunkuku is a 90m manucho for me bf
lkhm

hoofing
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Probably the worst individual performance by Utd player I have ever witnessed,and I,m inc Miki T last season, Bebe,Manoucho,Obertan ,Davenport, DeMaria,Milne!Birtles. ( add your own)
My only criticism of Jose is that he didn't sub the useless cunt after 10 minutes when it was clear Utd were playing with 10 men he should have took th twat off and brought on Jones or the young kid in midfield.
Plus the ref like I said was fucking only marginally better than the lump .