[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
vs City - Page 20 - United Rant

vs City

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
pint vulger
Legend

Re: vs City

Postby pint vulger » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Summaries from yesterday ,no problem with Joses approach he did what he had to do to stay in the game as long as possible ,the chance clear clear easy chance and the big fella ( who will struggle to recover from this ) fluffed his chance to make amends,Miki T and Lindegard were awful in this fixture last season but nowhere near as bad as Rom.
Jose hamstrung by the missing players esp Fellani and obviously Pogba ,Jones and Bailly 4 first choice starters. No criticism from me.
City were nowhere near the side they were last season ,apart from the keeper big signing from Pep but even he made it easy for Rashford .
I couldn't understand why the keeper wasn't asked to kick it long ,strange tactic only to close two out of 3 options from the keeper ,too deep for me.
Martial is too inconsistent and anonymous pity because when he's on the ball things happen,similar with Rashford.
Herrera is not good enough in a struggling 11 ,he's ok in the full side
Not enough class amongst the squad ,passing from the back wasn't accurate enough even from DDG.An overall not aggressive enough.
Not overly impressed with City ,far better for me in other seasons htf Augerro doesn't get in is beyond me.
De Bruyne was average best in the world ? Nowhere near, Silva was the class ,Stirling average ,Sane average ,Walker average ,Delph shite ,Otemendi had a great game .
Teams who have battered outclassed Utd at OT in my memory City last season and 6-1 and a couple in the 70,sReal Madrid Ronaldo hat trick ,Bilbao in the EL,Liverpool several times esp one Boxing Day. Forest 4-0 ,AC Milan,Spurs waddle and Lineaker,Chelsea 3-0 battering.Even WBA once 3-5.
Reminded me of when Liverpool were top dogs with Dalgliesh and Rush and Utd second best in a poor league.City will cruise it because there will be zero pressure from the chasing pack ,all of them have their eyes on a good CL league run.
What a shame we weren't full strength.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 pm

"Alf says "flukey goals" :))

You've bought the Mourinho spin hook, line and fucking sinker. Of course you have, you're basically a Jose FC fan these days. And a miserable one at that.

All you have is "yeah well the goals were shit..." which is pretty pathetic. If we scored those goals at City we'd be fucking loving it. Did John O'Shea's smash and grab winner at Anfield disappoint you as well, because it wasn't a 35 yard worldie?"

----------------------------------------------------

Ha! What a load of garbage...

I predicted we'd lose this game. I said we weren't good enough. I rated City one of the best sides in the game right now, and have many times said, we're nowhere near their level! They should have battered us yesterday, and on another day, just might have... I dread the score line, when we visit their shit hole.

How is that buying into Mourinhos bullshit??? It doesn't and I don't... but don't let that keep you from making up nonsense to prop up your utterly pathetic argument!

None of that takes away, that their 2 goals were scrappy, shit efforts, only scored cause we fucked up... that doesn't mean I thought they were lucky to win, you daft cunt.

But I've already said that, haven't I???

So, what's your point?

You ain't got one... I've just been calling you out for being pissy little shit, with an axe to grind, and you've got nothing else going to deny it!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

sheesh
Legend

Postby sheesh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:00 am

If Lukaku's brain hadn't gone AWOL we could well have beaten them.
And JoMo was right about their propensity for diving - ref should have handed them a few yellow cards for that alone.
On balance, not unhappy. We showed we are not that far off the pace - a few well chosen additions in the summer and we should be there.
Any news on Rojo?
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:42 am

Good that, Sheesh. Not seen that channel before. There's another good vid where they slag Rom and another one where they say "we're not fucking Stoke". Proper ranting, like what Rant used to be before the perma triggered Mourinho lot ruined it.

The fella's right, Lukaku was banging em in when he got the service. But that's true of most strikers in the Prem. If you feed em they'll score. The difference with top strikers that belong at United is that they should score the one or two chances they get. And so far Rom int doing that, especially in big games. Compare him to Ibra last season who bailed us out time and time again, like in the League Cup final when we were fucking horrendous but still just about got the job done.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am

"If Lukaku's brain hadn't gone AWOL we could well have beaten them.
And JoMo was right about their propensity for diving - ref should have handed them a few yellow cards for that alone.
On balance, not unhappy. We showed we are not that far off the pace - a few well chosen additions in the summer and we should be there."

I agree with this, Swampash. City are better than us, but we knew that. They had a better side to begin with, spent more money, and probably signed a better manager. But our manager is good too, and he's got a team that would probably win the PL in a normal year. City weren't that much better than us. Notably, the team we started with had only two players brought in by Mourinho and also had two young(ish) United academy graduates, with another on the bench. That suggests the foundations are there for long-term success. Mourinho and United have turned the corner, I think. A decent signing or two in January and we should make a real charge for the CL and the other trophies, focus on finishing second.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 pm

The Manchester derby ended with an unseemly tunnel fracas between both sets of players and staff, allegedly caused by City players mocking United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Members of City’s coaching staff, euphoric after the victory, picked on the Swedish striker.

“Ibra, you talk a lot but you move a little,” was allegedly heard.

United took that as provocation and from that moment a brawl began in which at least 20 people participated.

:))

There was no CCTV though so we might get away with it. It's just he said she said.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Just heard from a fan at the game that United fans were chanting "attack attack attack"

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dy ... 150908.jpg

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:56 pm

If Lukaku's brain hadn't gone AWOL we could well have beaten them.
On balance, not unhappy. We showed we are not that far off the pace - a few well chosen additions in the summer and we should be there.
Any news on Rojo?

-------------------------------------------------------------

We've got the worst rep in the league right now for diving...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Herrera is embarrassing. His playacting and whining prevents me from liking him, even though I think he's a decent squaddie who works hard and seems to love being at the club.

Return to “The Rant Forum”