vs City

Forum for match day threads
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 months ago

No, that IS the point Zebs... you and few others here seem to be living in a different universe to everyone else!

This is Mourinho... he is our manager now... if you didn't want us to sign him, that's fair enough, but we did, and we are getting what we paid for.

If you don't like stink, don't let the dog that rolls in shit into the house... but if you do, what the fuck do have to complain about?

Mourinho is actually doing what Van Gall was supposed to... stabilizing the club...

We were in a complete fuckin mess when Ferguson/Gill left, and our useless owners couldn't have handled it worse if they'd tried.

It was never going to be easy to replace Ferguson, but we wasted the first 3 years... and Mourinho isn't the answer either, but he's stopped the rot.

We need to identify, and start planning for the cunt who's going to follow Mourinho... that's when I'll start worrying about entertainment... right now, I'm just satisfied to be looking down on Liverpool and Arsenal
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

Good post Alf. That pretty much sums up my feelings right now.

The question is, who IS out there that we can identify as a better fit? And for me, its the whole model that needs rethinking. We've talked about it on here before, but such is the volatile nature of the football world, that we need stability, direction and leadership of a strategic footballing vision at a level that resides above the manager. We need a plan, a style, an ethos that can be maintained regardless of who the manager is. The days of finding a manager who can lead your club and build an empire over 10-15 years are gone. The problem we have right now is that whenever a change is made, we're re-inventing the entire fucking thing.

A playing style that embraces what we're about as a club. A commitment to youth development. A balanced playing squad in terms of age, that is constructed around players with high technical ability. Ensuring you have a blend of senior players and leadership, the right personalities. They're the things that are important. We should ALWAYS maintain a playing squad with enough talent, flexibility, technique and with players at the right age, such that any leading coach could take the reins and instantly compete for trophies and play good football. And all of our signings should be aligned to a longer term vision rather than the specific tastes or style of a manager.

I like Sean Dyche, but I don't think he'll get a crack at a big club. We've had our fingers burned with Moyes and I don't see us taking on anyone that hasn't managed a big club, or at least competed for big trophies and coached in the Champions League.

I think they have to have a playing style that embraces attacking, high tempo football. They have to have a track record of managing big players and big personalities. Ideally they'd have some experience of the PL - though I don't think that's crucial. And personally, I'd like us to get someone who's actually likeable. I don't mean in terms of being a nice guy as such, I mean someone the fans can truly buy into and get behind, who doesn't act a complete prick to the press.

As I say, who's out there? Sarri, at Napoli? They play some great stuff, very much aligned to modern day football. Pochettino - would he leave Spurs? Simeone? Allegri? Emery - why the fuck would he leave PSG.

Do we look to young British coaches like Eddie Howe? Chris Wilder has an amazing record but has never managed in the PL - no way would we look at him, however capable he might be.

Here's one from left field. What about Conte....? I don't think he's happy at Chelsea and he ticks a lot of the boxes.
Last edited by ashleyfuckingyoung on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pint vulger
Legend

6 months ago

In Fergie last season

Norwich lost 1-0
Reading a 4-3 at half time
Reading h won 1-0
West Hame h 1-0 after scoring inside 60 secs
Swansea a 1-1 conceding in the last minute.
Sunderland a 1-0 bramble og one of the worst games ever.
Spurs lost at h 3-2

Not forgetting several roastings by City inc 1-6 at HOME,Newcastle,Southampton,Chelsea,Liverpool at Home!

Shit happens.short memories or maybe you supported someone else then ?
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

That's the point. The rot had already started to set in. For me, it started in 2009. Our quality has regressed every season since. Until Mourinho arrived.
pint vulger
Legend

6 months ago

Of course it has ......that is it in a nutshell........ever since we sold Ronaldo, tbf the RVP signing was short term don't get me wrong it was overall a great season ,but when Utd got twatted by Barca in those finals the writing was on the bog wall.
I always said I would have a judgement on Fergie with what he left with ,similar to Busby who took his foot off the pedal late on and we know what happened then.
Or is it the club ? It was well known Utd should have signed Mike England ,Peter Shilton plus others back in the .
Similar the club should have invested heavily post Moscow , but the shortsighted look was blinded by the dosh they were making by winning a title and getting to another two CL finals,they had a choice stick or twist they chose to stick and now Jose is picking up the pieces of those mistakes.£65 for DeMaria ffs now £75 M for Lukaku ,in some ways the club has been incredibly lucky in having DDG wtf they would have been like without him.
No ......I was told even the Roman Empire fell,it happened to the scoucers that should have been the red light , but even in these so called barren years the club has won 3 Wembley finals and a European trophy !!!!
Jose has steadied a sinking ship ,and I don't blame him for being pragmatic , in any other season they would be top ,it's not his fault the. Noisy neighbours who have been able to build steadily can spunk £50m each on two full backs and employ one of the best managers ever.Remember the likes of Augerro,Silva,Company,Toure have been at the club a long time.
Busby and Fergie who are revered rightly one got us relegated ( astonishing) the other nearly got sacked this bloke had Utd back in CL won 3 trophies doing it and had them second .......to well it's been said.
Tell me Who you want ???
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

The purge is off :))

He's phasing them out now

Good job he didn't purge em, because it's the dross that are turning Van Jose football into wins
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

The fella at 3:09 is what Rant used to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC9Q_XWuQkk

Savages Herrera, Lukaku and Mourinho's tactics - "we're not fucking Stoke"
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjziucjREJo

They were also singing "you're fucking scared, you're fucking scared"

And it's true, we were