vs Burnley

Forum for match day threads
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

[quote="dozer"]Rashford isn't quite good enough yet.
I'd play Martial centre forward and drop lukaku[/quote

Rashford's developed a bit of an attitude, and that isn't a good thing. We need to buy a couple of world class centre forwards next summer. Lukaku isn't good enough for United and we can't be relying on Zlatan.

Midfield still needs sorting.
senna
Legend

6 months ago

At the start of the season everything went our way, almost every shot went in.

Now it's back to reality. Piss poor form.

It's been shit ever since that City game. The players gave up on the league after that and now coasting by.

These group of players are bunch of wankers, been the same for years. And they always get away with it.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

What's Zlatan going to think about being hoiked off I wonder
senna
Legend

6 months ago

Don't think he will be that upset. He probably knows he is shit atm.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Our results since the great Pogba that would have changed the outcome of the Man City game came back:

Bristol 2-1 United

Leicester 2-2 United

United 2-2 Burnley
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

Howson in talking shite shocker:

https://youtu.be/SjuoPimGFHI

The way he's carrying on about their resources, you'd think we should be happy just to be anywhere near their level. 'Cheat mode'. Bitter twat. How much have we spent?

Edit - having watched that video again, he seems to have a go at how we defend set pieces (at the start) before moaning about City.
Last edited by sheesh on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Fuck Howson

City have had shitloads more money than us for the last 10 years, and consistently out spent us for most of those years, yet we've always been on a similar level to them, even beating them to a couple of league titles

It's only since they got Pep that they've massively pulled away from us
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

We're just a bit shit really aren't We?

Top to bottom.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 months ago

Did you even watch that video Sid??? He talks a hell of a lot of sense, and most of it, is exactly what you've been spouting!

And he's right... this City side has been built over several years, not just since Pep arrived, and when you consider the links Guardiola has with the City football brain trust, you can see exactly what Howson is talking about... he wasn't calling City cheats, or moaning about anything they're doing... he's pointing out that City have built a great side, by having a plan, and fuckin good one, where as United don't... and it doesn't look like we've had one in years... absolutely spot on for me!

Sheeshy... same for you... I think you've misunderstood what he's saying... City are far and away the best side in the league, and only a fool would think we can catch them this year... we should be consolidating our position, top 2/3, and making plans for next year... we've spent a lot, but bought badly... there doesn't seem to be any strategy to our spending... too many expensive players brought in who don't fit... Di Maria, Depay, Miky, Lindelof...

The Glazers/Woodworm either need to stump up the ridiculous money necessary to build a full team of Galacticos, or get the fuck out of the way, and either let whatever manager is in charge build the team to his vision, or get in a director of football to at least maintain some continuity regardless of the manager...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

There are only so many times I can stand to watch Howson's face on YouTube, so I'm going to say: 'OK, Alf' ;)
Last edited by sheesh on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.