vs Southampton

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

I get the impression that Woodward and the Glazers haven't even considered life after Mourinho. He could walk in summer, or next summer when his contract is up. But there's no movement or hints as to what direction we're going in next.

It's not like they do these things quietly either. It was well known we had contacted Mourinho while Gaal was manager. It was all over the media. Everybody knew. So we would be hearing about it if they were planning for life after the cunt. Even if he goes at the end of his contract the work for the next man starts now.

And then they almost fucked up hiring Mourinho. We contacted him early, in full view of Gaal. But then it went quiet for months and Jose was forced into going public to hurry them up. It was almost another one of those top players slipping through the net.
senna
Legend

9 months ago

They have no plan. Their plan is throw money at it and hope it works.

Jose's mouthpiece Duncan Castle already hinted how much bureaucracy there is at the club and it takes forever to make things happen.

Ye Sid. Say what you will about Van Gaal but his sacking was not handled well. That is on the useless twat Woodward.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

9 months ago

Is there anything that you could say HAS been handled well under Woodworm and the Glazers??? Aside from marketing...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Yeah Alf, the marketing side has gone from strength to strength. Since Fergie retired we've got bigger and richer. City have the best team in the world and play beautiful football, but there's still empty seats, and still more fans are coming to United. It's fucking incredible tbf. But worrying in that United don't need titles to keep the money coming in. All the talk in 2005 and later in 2010 from the Glazer apologists about how they have to keep United successful in order to keep the revenue coming in has been proven to be complete fucking bollocks. Our income is clearly not linked to titles. Hype, PR, marketing is more powerful than titles.

The Prem have been doing it for fucking years tbf, selling a Skoda as if it's a Lambourghini. We're following that model.
dozer
Legend

9 months ago

City is a football club first who does business. United is a well run business with tv models who happen to play football.
Last edited by dozer on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

That's an apt analogy, Sid... we're certainly playing like this sort of Lamborghini

http://www.coys.co.uk/wp-content/upload ... 255_01.jpg

(obviously I made sure not to accidentally pick an image from the sun website or Mickey'd be on to me like a shot)
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

:))

Yeah Mickey would have slaughtered you for that, and by slaughter I mean smash his face against the keyboard
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

I expect that's how he brings down a mammoth
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

lol yes

Anyways here's the team for the game that's being called El Busico

De Gea, Lindelof, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Matic, Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Lingard, Martial

Bench: Romero, Tuanzebe, Mickey, Rashford, Smalling, Darmian, Blind
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

We're tied on 44 points with Liverpool going into this game