vs Southampton

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

5 months ago

What worries me is how amateurish we have looked in the recent run of games. Can’t all be down to the manager and can’t all be down to the players.
The tactics look questionable, particularly against lesser teams, where we should be scoring 3 or 4 goals, but equally the players look like they think they have these games won before they get on the pitch, and then seem incapable of ratcheting it up a gear when it proves tougher than they expected.
We also seem to have a lack of leadership on the pitch.
Jose is starting to look very stressed too.
Starting to get worried about where and how this will end.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
danniitronix
Legend

5 months ago

It’s down to the manager as it is HIS team and for the most part they are HIS players, and he is shitting it.

The amount of capitalist cunts who think the solution to every problem is to buy yourself out of a sticky situation is mind boggling.

The squad is worth 360m and it is terrible. I don’t mind losing if we play well but we are shit, win loose or draw.

Money doesn’t solve suspect tactics, snuffling the spark out of players and failing to adapt to the times.
pint vulger
Legend

5 months ago

Well as I predicted ,that was not very good ,only for an incredible save ( still can't fathom how that doesn't go in) this place would be on fire.
Where as the Burnley game was a decent game albeit simarly dissapointing ,last evening was absolute rubbish and for the first time the maj of the natives were unhappy.
A third of the players looked fucked Pogba and Matic in particular,a third put in a lot of effort inc mainly Rashford who in the end was just giving the ball away then running about like the proverbial chicken to ne ends,Mata tried Jesse went missing with Pogba,and others who just want out Miki,Shaw and Martial , thank fuck Jones ,Victor and Young had some real quality.
Not since LVG have I seen it this bad ,in fact you can write ADM for Miki he was that bad .
I will be surprised if Lukaku is long term injured ,you never know with inj but fuck me ,I am suspicious.
Others inj have hit the squad badly and Jose has really struggled not being able to rotate at a critical stage of the season,and for that he's unlucky ,along with the normal dodgy refs.
Worryingly with the WC on the horizon I fear some of these may have other things on their mind already,the leagues over and playing for a top 4 spot still requires proper effort and I suspect Jose may struggle to get a tune out of some of the overpaid cunts, tbh think top 4 ain't that much of a personal goal for him ,despite what the club wants.
They might get up for the CL ,but you cant switch form on/off, and that's a big ask.
Expect more of the same this week believe me,a draw at Goodison and I wouldn't be surprised at a shock v Derby.Then the shit will it the fan.
Some interesting comments on all forums inc UR but no solutions , I havnt got a clue ( I know) but I have seen it before can see it ending similar to the last incumbents or worse back in the day when it went proper tits.
Major worry from day one Jose has not settled in Manchester ' Portuguese Alan Partridge ' best one,and rumours on the bus were spoke again yesterday that he's off in the summer ( and that's from a player) dark skies.
senna
Legend

5 months ago

Third dinasour appointment. Third failure. If woodward still got a job after this we will never change.

But he is best pal with Glazers so probably won't happen.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Damning, Senna
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

"The atmosphere is toxic around Old Trafford, fans are starting to turn on Mourinho" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx73YQ4W7YY
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

He's back :))

"Jose's fucking clueless" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWipe9o-huI

He just gets angrier and redder when he starts talking, and the geezer in the background shouting "he lives in a hotel, he lives in a hotel" :))
senna
Legend

5 months ago

Haha it's like the United version of Arsenalfantv.

Spot on tbf.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Keown told BT Sport: “I think he’s lost the players. I didn’t sense any fight from the players.”

But Jones insists the players will not buckle in the face of Manchester City’s charge to the title.

“It sounds so cliched, but we need to look after each other, stick together, which is what we will do and keep going and keep battling,” he said. “It’s frustrating for us, frustrating for the fans of course and everyone involved, but there’s no point sitting here and sulking about it."

"We’ve got to stick together. It’s difficult, we’re going through a patch where we’re picking up a few draws and not winning games like we should be but we’ll get there."

He's clearly sending a message to his teammates telling them to stick together. It's all kicking off
danniitronix
Legend

5 months ago

Hazard and Fabregas all over again.

I can see Mikhi and Pogba ringing their agents and wanting to skin out.

José needs to man up and bring in the young boys and trust the attackers.

He’s fucked this up already so why not switch tack and trust the United instinct of youth and attack.

I think he can do it. He’s a smart guy.