9 months ago

how about him then

how much cash are we giving him to turn down city then
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Tbf if City aren't prepared to pay 35m for him, which is a miniscule fee for them, then they don't rate him as a top player
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

He's a great player but he's 29 and temperamental. Jose could break him easily. He's not going to make us worse....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

I don’t think he’s temperamental, he’s just fed up wasting time at a club with no ambition. It’s tragic how he and Ozil have wasted their prime years at Arsenal.

I’ve always rated him and thought he was a Ferguson style player — he should have come to us instead of Arsenal in the first place. I hope Jose intends to play him on the right, where he played for Barca, instead of sidelining Martial/Rash/Lingard. He’d add a whole new dimension to our attack.

This would be a great signing — think about it. We need at least one more top class forward; we might only get a few seasons outs of him, but if we miss him, who’s left? Griezmann, Dybala, Kane, Bale, Ronaldo... the list is short and full of players who are either ungettable, fuck off expensive, or dodgy fucking crocks. Post-Neymar, a top class forward for 30-40m, even at 29 years old, is a master stroke.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Apparently he's after a 30m signing on fee which would make it 65m
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

9 months ago

He'd be a good signing, but it sounds like we're making mugs of ourselves again...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Who's not been taken for a mug? 75M for Van Dijk ffs. You can be sure that however much he costs, it will be reported in the worst possible light, so take it with a big grain of salt.
pint vulger
Legend

9 months ago

Anyone who believes that a 29 y Old Sanchez ain't worth 20 to 30 M at today's prices know fuck all about the game ( no surprise there ) 30M for Sanchez 75M for Lukaku !!!! :D :D :D
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

9 months ago

"Who's not been taken for a mug? 75M for Van Dijk ffs. You can be sure that however much he costs, it will be reported in the worst possible light, so take it with a big grain of salt."

-------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a problem with the supposed fee of £30/35mill... that's what we'd expect to pay...

But if what Sid says is true, and I've read something similar elsewhere, that he's demanding £300k a week, plus a £30mill hand job, then we're being fleeced... again...

Sounds to me like he wants City, but City aren't fighting for him, cause they're willing to wait till summer, when he's free... so he's just tossing out numbers to see how far we'll go... if he's not blown away by our offer, then he'll just bide his time for another few months, and then walk to City... where I'll wager, a fat signing on bonus has already been agreed for months...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Doesn't bother me. We're gazumping big clubs for big players -- Real for Pogba, Chelsea for Lukaku, City for Sanchez. Remember how shit it was when Chelsea signed Hazard instead of us because Chelsea were willing to give his agent his wedge? Would you rather have had Hazard these past years or that £20M (or however much it was)?