vs Tottenham

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Sid
Legend

vs Tottenham

Postby Sid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:36 pm

We were outplayed by em at Old Trafford. It took a Jose Pulis special punt down the pitch and a great finish from dross Panic Buy to nick a win.

But with 400m spent, 8 new players, 8 points ahead of em, Martial Rash Rom Sanchez Lingard Mata Ibra Pogba to chose from, we should go there, chests out, put in a decent performance and get all 3 points.

No more cowardly bus parking away shite.

Lazarus
Legend

Re: vs Tottenham

Postby Lazarus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:40 pm

:)) Relentless.
"?"

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Exactly, we should be relentless against Spurs, no excuses now

:))

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:32 pm

I see the thread for the next game with how much money we’ve spent is still starting too soon.

Sid not with you anymore mate on these.

Harry has fluked out yes, the players that have bailed Jose out are the ones he called shite and wanted rid of and the ones he thought “JOMO” would keep or “sort out” haven’t all been great.

The football is getting better but can be frustrating, I’ve warmed a bit to Jose, he seems to have taken the club to heart rather than pure ruthless ambition and he’s surrounding himself with young skillfull players, if we could get away from always playing a big man and going long and shiteing ourselves against quality, he’ll do much better, tonight is exactly what Lakaku is for, goals in the box so Sanchez in is a sign to me he won’t always go long and is happy to play some football once he’s sure we’ll create simple chances for Lakaku to bury.

Harry, you’re a lucky, lucky, cunt, but we’ll done, your scratch card was t the jackpot but you still won.

But your childishness is boring the complete bag out of everyone.

Sid, you’re going to have to accept Jose’s football because the club, the majority of the fans and MOST importantly, the players are happy and we know Jose doesn’t suffer fools gladly so if he can see their progress and plays young lads who’ve been at the club since kids, mixed with top names,

As long as he wins things, there’s no point whingeing.

This number of players and money spent shite has to stop and Harry, you need to grow up a bit mate.

Get on the same fucking page because Europe is tough as fuck and City are going nowhere so everyone might as well start rowing in the same direction and eventually we will get CONSISTENT quality, the type that doesn’t need to be hidden behind stats.

But this thread already and it’s opening blurb, you might be more mature and articulate in the language used Sid but you’ve just watched a team with a fuck load of players who haven’t played in ages and some who have never played together never mind Sanchez. On a bog, in fucking Somerset or somewhere, slog over, new signing broken in, job done.

Let’s give the team and the manager a chance, if he plays long ball Lakaku Sid, you’ll be justified but that shite on a Friday night when it should be Harry’s bed time, you’re just doing a rant version of giving a child with adhd a big spoonful of sugar with their Ritalin.

Wise a bap all round ffs like.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 pm

We'll obviously sit back and try to hit them on the counter, but there's sitting back and there's sitting back. Let's have a proper go. It will be interesting to see if we press from the front, harassing their defenders on the ball, which worked really well at Arsenal. Sanchez is a good man for that tactic.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 am

So will Jose go for three in midfield or three behind Lukaku (Martial, Lingard, Sánchez)? We have Pogba, which is a big plus. Didn’t have him against Spurs, Chelsea, or City, but we had him against Arsenal. My vote would be for a midfield three of Matic - Pogba - Herrera and a front three of Martial - Lucky - Sanchez.

I don’t know about the back. I hope we don’t play the back three, we just don’t have enough quality in our CBs to play three of them, but that’s probably exactly why Jose has tended to play three of them in the big games this season.

sheesh
Legend

Postby sheesh » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:29 am

Spurs aren't as good as they were last season. As long as the manager avoids the mistake he made at Anfield earlier in the season, where we were so negative, we should be beating them. Take the shackles off.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:55 am

^^What Bernie said^^...

@Sheeshy... you're right, Spurs haven't been as good this year, but they're still capable of beating anyone on their day, and it's the balance of threat that worries me... their attack v our defense, scares me more, than our attack against their defense, makes me confident!

Still, I think with the new signing, and maybe Lukaku coming back into form, and Martial kickin on, it might be the perfect time to face the top sides...

Bring 'em on, and let's see what happens!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

dozer
Legend

Postby dozer » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:29 pm

This is the problem I've had with Jose and perhaps the only issue.
I'm worried about Spurs.
Didn't have to worry under Fergie or Gaal.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:06 pm

On their day, Spurs are one of the beast teams in Europe. Their problem is squad depth and not bringing in enough new blood to keep things dynamic and competitive. Ferguson used to talk about how you needed incoming transfers to prevent things from a stagnating, keep the squad in their toes. Poch created a fantastic team but there’s just not the investment to take things to the next level or sustain it, it might start to fall apart. The year Leicester won it was their big opportunity.

Anyway, this is a big game, big test, I want a performance as well as a result.