vs Tottenham

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

Re: vs Tottenham

Postby lkhmffsstopmovingabout » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:58 pm

just one of those days for me, they were the better team on the day, we’ll be back next time, disappointing not to get the three points, hopefully we’ll get a win in the next game, no complaints
lkhm

hoofing

Notts Forest manager Ron Atkinson's thoughts after losing 8-1 at the City ground to Manchester United.

"Well there's not many other teams can say they've been involved in an 9 goal thriller with the champions is there??"

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 pm

The key players got a rest against Yeovil, Sanchez ought to have given the squad a lift, we should have been up for this.

FuB
Legend

Postby FuB » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 pm

remind who the key players are again, bman. Were they the ones out there showing their quality?
The official Rant token Europhile

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 pm

There has to be some kind of inquest into that performance. I do believe Joey made the wrong team selection. But their cant be an excuses for Smalling and Jones. Why they weren't at West Brom and Sunderland this season remains a complete mystery. The starting line up left us far too exposed in the middle and leaving Spurs with a spare man all the time. Within 15 minutes it should have been switched to a 3-5-2. Rashford should have started. That's nailed on. Martial was anonymous again. Lukheskey zero service.

It was gifted to them.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Yep, that was bad, but there are typically some who just have to go utterly Doo-Lally...

Spurs weren't that good... they were better than us, there's no argument there... but give any team a 2 goal cushion and they can relax into their football, and we just weren't anywhere near good enough to take back the initiative...

But... well, this was just another excuse for the doom merchants to spit their dummies!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

Postby lkhmffsstopmovingabout » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:07 pm

we all said 18 months ago tbf we spent 90 odd mill in a midfielder who needs two other midfielders to do his midfieldy stuff for him cause he has no idea how to be a midfielder ago any midfield that’s much cop
lkhm

hoofing

Notts Forest manager Ron Atkinson's thoughts after losing 8-1 at the City ground to Manchester United.

"Well there's not many other teams can say they've been involved in an 9 goal thriller with the champions is there??"

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Alf, they dominated us at Old Trafford as well, on our patch

And we didn't gift them two goals, they didn't just randomly happen, some sort of unexplainable cosmic event, they played some good football in the run up to them - especially the Jones one, they worked it out wide well and put in a great ball that's begging for an idiot like Jones to touch it so it flies in the back of the net
Last edited by Sid on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuB
Legend

Postby FuB » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm

wouldn't want to feel like i'm a "doom merchant"...

remember when we got absolutely mullered by keegan's Newcastle and then pinched a 1-0 in the return... then reeled them in for the title. there's always a bad day but that sort of fight hasn't been anywhere to be seen for years now.

i'm not sure the work needs to be done on the training ground... work needs to be done on the mentality of the players.
The official Rant token Europhile

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:17 pm

I think it said it all when the substitution board went up and 9 of the players walked towards the touchline. Its a long time since ive seen so many United players play so bad for a full 90 minutes. It was my lad who spotted Felliani limping. "Is he fuck he's only just come on!"
But he actually was. I noticed he kept bending down holding the back of his leg. After 3 or 4 minutes he still hadn't run it off so fuck knows what happened there.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:21 pm

No Sid, they didn't just magically happen, but they were fuckin easy goals to avoid... the first was just a complete, collective brain fart from our defense... that happens, but let's not start stroking the "genius" of Spurs attack when they punt up to a speculative effort in 11 fuckin seconds... and if Jones has a left fuckin foot, they don't score the second... don't start turning this into something it's not... it's not me saying Spurs were lucky... better is better... but United would have struggled against Canvey Island with that performance!

We were shit... that's it... I don't expect to see us play like that again any time soon!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Return to “The Rant Forum”