vs Tottenham

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Robbo
Star Man

Re: vs Tottenham

Postby Robbo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:20 am

Shit happens as long as it is only this game and not a blipm then no need to worry.
-----------------------------------------------------

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:45 am

Nah it was a shit bollockless performance that totally fits in with a pattern of nutless eunuch performances against good sides under Jose. It’s not a one off or just a bad day at all. After the goal in the first minute we should have gone at them bare fisted.

Not saying Jose out, he’s done good work at united, signed good players, brought in consistency, but if there’s someone properly exciting and hungry out there, above all Poch himself, I’d be all in favour of a change.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:47 am

I mean, Poch has worked wonders, but at the end of the day, it’s fucking Tottenham lads. We went down to north London and opened wide for the deep throat. Disgraceful.

sheesh
Legend

Postby sheesh » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 am

I fear that we're not going to seriously compete for the league for a while.

Our performances and results against the top sides away from home are, more often than not, abysmal. Not sure I can blame Mourinho for yesterday's game specifically. I put the blame squarely on Phil Jones. That said, we are seeing a worrying trend. Even against Arsenal, we rode our luck. Other teams know how to get at us. How do we address that? Buy a new midfield and defence?

I was hopeful that Matic was supposed to be the great saviour to help bring the best out of Pogba, but he goes missing far too often. Carrick's playing career is finished and it looks like Fellaini will be leaving.

I will never be convinced that players like Jones and Smalling are good enough. They're not clever enough, and can be got at easily. They'll do the job against the lesser sides, but the top teams know how to expose their flaws.

sheesh
Legend

Postby sheesh » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 am

Removed - Sid's already posted the video.
Last edited by sheesh on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

danniitronix
Legend

Postby danniitronix » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:13 am

Spending money at the problem isn't the answer, coaching is. This is where Jose is struggling to make his mark. He is trying to figure it out and he is clever enough to do it.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:47 am

Bman is spot on.

Mourinho's record away at City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham as United manager:

8 games, 0 wins, 1 goal scored

Last season I said the performances against the top 5 weren't good enough considering our squad. But most said judge him next season. So now I am... And nothing's changed. They're still not good enough.

He's got 8 players now, 8, spent 400m which could easily be 550m + if we'd have paid transfer fees for Sanchez and Ibra... We should be competing, not putting in bollockless performances like that and getting whooped.

Pikey McScum
Star Man

Postby Pikey McScum » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:53 am

Looking at the team sheet before the game I was convinced we were going to give Spurs an absolute fucking rollicking - the players probably did too, and that complacency fucked them over.
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Some of the comments ........Spurs were 8 mins away from losing to Newport last week ,was 'Poch' the dogs then ? Any side that concedes an unlawful goal after 10 secs are going to struggle,then to concede a freak own goal ....game plan out of the window.

The great ' Poch' has won fuck all and is currently 20 Points behind the leaders !!!

Notice you conveniently left out Arsenal and Everton out of the list .

Utd didn't pay transfer fees for Ibra and Sanchez !! It would have cost a billion if Utd had bought Rashford Lindgard and built a new stadium.

Utd have only conceded 18 goals and are second in th table in an exceptional year and other they would be in a title race ,still in FA Cup and CL, will Jose ever have a side that will win every game in the season No ,esp with the likes of Mata,Herrera,Shaw,Darmian, et al. His big mistake ( if you want) was signing that useless cunt up front but there was nobody else and some folk believe he's done ok? Is problem is now playing without him and getting rid or miraculously finding a spot for him.

Fickle fuckers one defeat and it's panic stations , in week when Chelsea ,Arsenal and Liverpool have all been beat by relegation fodder,Spurs is a toughly always has been and a goal down from the KO is a freak .

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Missed the game unfortunately - what happened - in a sentence please?!
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...