**A MESSAGE FOR ALL RANTERS. MUST READ.**

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

**A MESSAGE FOR ALL RANTERS. MUST READ.**

Postby brianofnazarethffs » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:08 pm

I’ve been a member here since day one, this forum has been a part of my life (a small one, but one still) for 15 years...Everyone knows there was a period in time where Rant where was literally the best football forum on the internet. Lots of members and the banter/chat was first class.

Over the last year or so I'm sure everyone has noticed I've not contributed as much and too be honest and I’m barely hanging on anymore. It’s just so fucking tiresome with all the snipping crap that fills every thread. As most will remember, I was first inline for the banter and piss takes, it's what made this place great. However, the snipping and wuming is fucking shite, boring, lame and fucking pathetic. I’ve always thought that was what made Rant so ‘special’, it was a place where anything went; I now believe that’s the thing that’s going to cause it’s death.

If you have shared your opinion previously, e.g you hate Mourinho, you hate the Glazers, we're too defensive, too many dross players, players are out of position we spent £10 BILLION pound, LVG was a genius, LVG was a cunt, how we still so shite after spending hundreds of millions.... etc etc then you DO NOT NEED TO REPEAT IT FOR EVERY SINGLE POST. You already know who you are doing it so it's pointless naming you and calling you out. Just fucking stop it you are ruining what's left of this forum for everyone else. If you have a personal dislike for another specific member then just fucking ignore them on here and do not waste your time engaging with them, it's not fucking rocket science is it?? This will be the one and only warning.

So it's come to the point now where I have to make a decision. Do I walk away or do Alf and I moderate this forum and start banning people for the reasons stated above? I'm thinking It’s time to do something I thought we would never have to; moderate this place. It’s on it’s last legs

On a positive note, I am trying to liaise with Ed and get this forum fixed once and for all.I know how annoying it currently is. Who knows, maybe we can act now and save this place and maybe get some fresh blood. I'm asking Ed, to advertise this place on his popular Twitter account to see if we can attract some traffic, but things need to change for us to do that..who knows we may have another Nonski and Cal just waiting to join! :))

Thanks for reading,

Brian - The Legend.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

bman2
Legend

Re: **A MESSAGE FOR ALL RANTERS. MUST READ.**

Postby bman2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:00 pm

I agree with all of that. I hope this place can be saved, I don’t have any interest in being on some huge forum where you can’t have proper conversations. I’d like to see an effort to fix the technical issues and fix the spammy flame wars, before making an effort to advertise it a bit. But I recognize that requires work and a leap of faith by ed and the mods.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Top post Brian!

There's no need to stop the banter, and this place doesn't have to turn into a Toffs parlour... but the bitter bitching has to stop!

Moderate yourselves... so that we don't have to!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:32 pm

Go for it, Bri

Just got to say though if some cunt is having "bantz" about nonce shit, being racist, slagging people disabilities etc then they're fair game. THIS STUFF IS DIFFERENT TO THE GAAL V MOURINHO SHITE. And the victim has the right to slaughter whoever has offended em - so let em, and back em.

Persistent abuse of this kind should result in a permanent solution aka a banning because the victim shouldn't have to put up with it when all they want to do is talk about football - which is what you and most others want to happen on the forum.

We have to fall in line with modern social media like FB, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit etc where that shite results in warnings and bans.

If you don't act then the victim should bypass you useless twats and get in touch with the persons internet provider and let them sort it. But that's pretty serious, so it would be easier if you stamped it out on here.

But yeah, go for it Bri and Alf. Be ruthless. If I fuck up call me out as well. Lets start again.

brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Postby brianofnazarethffs » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:56 pm

I agree Sid. If anyone is caught being racist, homophobic, or inappropriate words towards disabled people and paedophilic words then that’s a ban. Simple.

Why anyone would come out with shit like that is beyond me anyway!

Ed is working on the forum problem. He’s just posted on Twitter for a website developer to help him.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Lazarus
Legend

Postby Lazarus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 pm

Who's this geezer then???
"?"

Lazarus
Legend

Postby Lazarus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:00 pm

He's made some good points, hope he sticks around.
"?"

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:26 pm

YES. Well in, Bri. The hero we needed.

I'll not be posting for a wee bit soon because I'm moving house so you'll all have a break from my wisdom.

I have to get the internet fitted and switched on n all which I guarantee will take a fortnight at best.

FuB
Legend

Postby FuB » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:34 pm

This thread should be stickied so at least it doesn't drop down and every ranter gets a chance to read it.

I've posted at least twice that i'd be more than happy to help out... I've also posted what might be a simple quick fix. Fucked if i'm going to sign up to twitter to say it all again.
The official Rant token Europhile

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Maybe we shud have one thread open where Sid and Harry and whoever else can bitch about LVG /Jose /agenda/money spent etc ....?

Would give a place for any crap to be said without it being spread across every single thread
Halfway between the gutter and the stars