**A MESSAGE FOR ALL RANTERS. MUST READ.**

The original Den of Iniquity
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

I don't think phpBB Limited care too much how people use their software. their licensing terms are pretty "as is" and "we're not responsible".

Who WILL care, if there was an official complaint, are Ed's hosting company. Forgetting the fact that these sort of comments can offend any number of people who aren't here to defend themselves - hence there are those such as me who are inclined to stand in their corner for them - it has to take a truly moronic, self-centred attitude to risk the life, career and family of someone who puts his own money into providing us all a forum. ultimately, Ed is responsible, as the publisher, for what gets posted here so we should all think a little bit about that. He's a really nice guy and I wouldn't wish any ill on him at all.

Regarding whether we should wipe the slate clean for everyone in the light of formulating some new rules. to give a complete amnesty to everyone is very noble but it tends to forget the fact that those posting truly odious comments are those that are mostly responsible for bringing us to this need to make formal rules.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Snoopcousins
Legend

9 months ago

Tbh this is all bollocks isn’t it

It’s the same old witch-hunt.

It was dealt with - dry your fucking knickers and move on
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

So fuck off?

If the 'new' Rant is shite, everybody's a cunt etc then why do you continue to come back and post? Defying multiple bans?

Literally no cunt wants you here. It's already been decided. You're taking it terribly and embarrassing yourself.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

So repeatedly turning up to a forum from which they've been banned is enough to get in touch with a users internet provider http://www.managingcommunities.com/2008 ... their-isp/

That plus the racism, homophobia and disability slagging which has been targetted at specific people - that's got to be the next step, surely?
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Tbh this is all bollocks isn’t it

It’s the same old witch-hunt.

It was dealt with - dry your fucking knickers and move on

What was dealt with Snoops? What are you talking about?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

9 months ago

This is disgraceful!

Pint is a bigot cunt, who had PLENTY of warnings, and now he's been banned and won't be missed!

Harry was also banned, and if he stays banned, he too won't be missed, but the hypocrisy I'm seeing here, is nothing short of shameful!

Some of you lot have been hammering away at this forum for years, and everyone of you has seen much, MUCH worse than what Harry has come out with... and said NOTHING!!!

But now, this forum apparently has a new morality... isn't it interesting how this new morality coincides with the bitter, spiteful, and very personal bickering that's gone on over the past few months???

You want him banned??? Go ahead and demand it... that's your right, and if that's what everyone wants, then I'll ban the cunt, AGAIN!!! But give the phony outrage a fuckin rest... it's pitiful!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Alf, you need to separate bitching, bitterness, ranting and racism, homophobia and mocking disabilities etc

I've been a cunt but I've never gone there. And even if you have done in the past, time's change, get with the fucking programme innit. If I don't you can ban me n all.
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

Let’s all cool it.
We need to define some standards of expected behavior. I’m all for free speech but racism, sexism and religious bigotry are not acceptable in my view. But I also feel compelled to say that I also resent the developing tendency to default to personal abuse in place of reasoned argument. Don’t have a problem with it getting a bit heated in here but sometimes the abuse can be unjustifiably obnoxious.
More football talk, less posturing, less bigotry, less faux offense as an excuse to attack someone, more respect for another’s point of view even if you don’t agree with it...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
dozer
Legend

9 months ago

You're stating the obvious Swamps; no point saying it - won't matter.
Robbo
Legend

9 months ago

FFs personally I reckon before any Bans we discuss guidelines where everyone has input and then the majority of points we can use as guildelines, the last thing we want is this place going totally PC because then it will go tits up.

As usual this thread is degenerating into a farce for various reasons but basically being some people enjoy winding each other up a lot and that on both sides and neither will give it a rest.

Even I am not innocent many years back me and Alf had a ding dong going for reasons long forgotten but at some point got to the stage where it stopped and now its possible to discuss again instead of throwing out slurs.

Instead of sensible ideas its back where it started so .......

1. Make groundrules/guidelines where everyone has input.
2. Stop these calls for Banning you sound like the women stoning in The Life Of Brian (no pun intended).

3. Use the fucking warning system properly so that if someone is banned then they are only to blame themselves because they have had chances to stop through warnings.

4. Chill fucking out never forget that famous saying "Sticks & Stones Will Break My Bones, But Names Will Never Hurt Me"
-----------------------------------------------------