**A MESSAGE FOR ALL RANTERS. MUST READ.**

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Sid
Legend

Re: **A MESSAGE FOR ALL RANTERS. MUST READ.**

Postby Sid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 pm

Laz is right, the old lot that don't post anymore can fuck off for me. Every now and then they come back and go "oh it's not as good as the old days" - so why not start posting and get the football chat going again? Make it better? If not, shut up once and for all

Pikey McScum
Star Man

Postby Pikey McScum » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm not using the good ol' days as an excuse - yes, I firmly believe that this forum was at its best many years ago but that's surely symptomatic of several factors, two of which are the declining numbers of regular posters/contributors and the blurred line which now exists regarding insults/banter which was the main attraction in the first place.

The lack of new members, coupled with the fact that only a select number of people seem to contribute anything anymore (which others have already highlighted) doesn't bode well for the forum's future - I don't think I'm out of line highlighting that surely? But I have genuine respect for those that are offended by that, if it at all matters; it's good to see people fighting for this place, even if I think it's a pointless fight.

Yes, I miss the contributions of the old skool - but I incorrectly assumed that those who stuck around, along with the more recent additions, would rise to the challenge and keep the craic here going. And that's what Rant was always about for me anyway, the craic/banter/laughs while occasionally talking about football. Sadly, that's not the case any more - a point highlighted by the fact that Brian had to start this thread in the first place, and that more and more people seem to be leaving.

I drop by now and again, but I don't like what I see any more which is why I don't contribute as much - probably a good thing where many of you are concerned!

If the forum is fucked, and no-one wants to salvage it, maybe let it go and try something new? I don't know, I just think Rant in its current iteration just isn't worth bothering about any more.
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015

Davel
Legend

Postby Davel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:23 pm

i dont think the forums fucked,or out of control. and still functions on the points that matter.
yes theres needle between a few (but thats football every1`s a ref with differing views).
I do notice fewer posts are made when we win, but i imagine this is because the posters are not ranting about this or him etc:
as for the so called slanging match`s between a certain few (on the whole i find them funny) and cheers me up from my depression caused by the bad game that week.
theres a few on here out and out knobs,but aint there afew in your street (what do you do with them) you dont talk to them or they to you, it doesn`t take legislation to keep you apart.
for over 2 years me and zebs have debated garlick ,we have diametrically opposed opinions on him
i cant remember ever slagging him off personally about himself, or he me. but the forum worked as it should and now ZEBs knows garlicks shite :) :) :)

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:32 pm

The forum has been fucked and dying for years yet still it continues. The ones that keep it going have greater weight than those old cunts that just turn up to criticise and condescend like some golden oldie here to lecture us all about the socalled glory days. Fuck off tbf.

I love the arrogant tone "Even if I think it's a pointless fight" - so why are you still here? Close the door on the way out, Pike

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm

HA!!! I fuckin love this...

It's like team mates who can't stand each other... but some smarmy outsider pops up to stir it a bit, and the team unifies to roust the cunt...

Ferguson would be proud!!!

Don't be afraid to pop in again Pikey... you're good for moral...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:39 pm

:))

True that

There's always loads of guests reading the forum, it'll be all the old lot. But they lack the balls to post.

Lazarus
Legend

Postby Lazarus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:40 pm

It's only recently Alf that we didn't all band together to sort out a fuckwit. We've had a few fuckwits that we sorted out together...

Pikey- "I don't contribute as much - probably a good thing where many of you are concerned!"

Don't hold back Pikey if your thinking of debating some controversial subjects but if your just interested in talking with out backing it up then we've had too much of that already.
"?"

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 am

Pikey might have turned into a BOF, but is it really necessary hound him out of here???? Some respect surely due for our senior citizens????
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...

FuB
Legend

Postby FuB » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:43 am

i'm inclined to agree with you on that, swampash, although he's hardly implied he intends to stick around anyway.

what's more of a concern, as ever, is the lack of new blood. the last new member has been the last new member since August and never posted. Not even the spambots can be arsed to sign up nowadays.
The official Rant token Europhile

Pikey McScum
Star Man

Postby Pikey McScum » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:09 am

'I love the arrogant tone "Even if I think it's a pointless fight" - so why are you still here?'

Arrogant tone Sid?? It's an opinion - if it turns out to be factually incorrect and Rant suddenly starts thriving, then that's great for Rant. But I'm at a loss to see how my expressing an opinion comes across as arrogant?

'Don't be afraid to pop in again Pikey... you're good for moral...'

It's "morale" Alf.... (see, that's being arrogant!)

'Don't hold back Pikey if your thinking of debating some controversial subjects but if your just interested in talking with out backing it up then we've had too much of that already.'

But that's the point Laz - when I've stopped in to the forum I don't see any real debating; I don't see any constructive arguments; I don't see anything of substance to make me want to contribute.

I think the place is in desperate need of a shake up - a new platform, new format, new members. I dunno, I don't have the answers - but something needs to change, or it's going to get worse.
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015