**A MESSAGE FOR ALL RANTERS. MUST READ.**

The original Den of Iniquity
FuB
Legend

4 months ago

it's a good policy, sheesh, but it does depend on everyone's buy in. if people quote him - I know it's not working at the moment but it will be - then you get to see the quoted shit and that's even more annoying to be honest. the other issue is that I tend to read the site as a guest unless I want to post something so a foe's list won't work in that case. i'm probably not alone in that given the, sometimes quite large, list of guests that are online.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

That's a good point tbf.
Robbo
Legend

4 months ago

Its not only posters causing the problems Sid its the forums themselves as well, the errors shown and when posting sometimes not being taken to your post. Plus everything is one big muddle it would have been better having the three main forums then in those sub forums so that there is a little more order.

Normally moderators can ban people as far as I know but wouldnt it be easier to use the warning system as then whoever gets banned has brought in on themselves.

Normally its also possible to check someones IP address to see if they are a returnee cant say as I havent used PHPBB for a while now.
-----------------------------------------------------
FuB
Legend

4 months ago

Robbo... I'm not sure what you mean by "having the three main forums then in those sub forums". can you clarify?

checking IP addresses (and banning by ip address) is flawed because it's sort of rare that people have a static ip address. harry knows that.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Robbo
Legend

4 months ago

There is Rant Forum, the Anything but United and Off topic it would be easier if those were split a little with sub forums instead of everything in one forum. tidy things up through that for example a sub forum regarding players and or matches etc. same with the ABU forum that could also be done there as well.

The biggest problem I think is that you need someone who has admin access to oversee everything.

Regarding banning not quite sure about the back end of phpBB anymore as I havent really used it since the Rant forum was hosted by me a few years back but normally there should be different criteria to choose from when banning.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 months ago

I'm HERE!!!

Sorry been crazy busy lately..
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

Wish we had you back, Robbo. This place needs sorting out.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 months ago

At the moment, the current state of the forum means Alf and I are unable to do anything of significance regarding banning, making threads stickies etc..

Fub has kindly offered to fix this fucking mess so I am thinking of putting a post up.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Not wanting to sound like an arse, butt is the Harry problem fixed?
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Robbo
Legend

3 months ago

Could be an idea that Brian or Alf start a thread where folks can input regarding guidelines for the forum but something where people know cross that line warningor banning on the horizon, this place has always been the bastard child of united forums but maybe there should be lines that shouldnt be crossed.