No defence for our defence....

Manchester United chat
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

10 months ago

Hardly breaking news Sheesh.

Been a legend for years!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

10 months ago

ballys shite bri tbf

he gets the heinze treatment cause he dives in like a govshite so every cunt thinks he’s brave, he’s a fucking bellend for me
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

10 months ago

jonesys our best defender tbf, taggart motes gaal joey all play him when fit, should be captain tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

I almost agree with Knobby here... I think Jones is our best centre half, but that's not saying much... I think our defense is poor...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

10 months ago

Should have signed Ruddier when Stuttgart got relegated and Rugger was plainly the only class player in their squad.
Good thread brian - who should we sign though?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

Skriniar, or whatever his name is, looks class. Defends on the front foot and can play the ball.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

So with no new defensive signings, what's our best back four then? I'm really not sure who I think is the best for any of the positions. It's hard to judge a CB in isolation, but we've no clear idea what the best partnership is. I would really like at least one CB who is confident playing the ball. It doesn't mean we have to be a Guardiola team, but it really makes it play like shit when our defenders are being pressed and their only comfortable option is to hoof the ball up the pitch in panicky fashion. Of the CBs we have, Lindelof seems by far the best on the ball, so it would be really helpful if he came good this season. He actually looked pretty good at the WC, maybe it will work out. I've no time for Darmian, who could still leave before the month is out. Especially with Mata cutting inside ahead of him, Darmian providing all the width on the right side of the pitch is just a sad spectacle.

If Shaw holds down the left, Young would be quite good as RB, playing with his good foot.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 months ago

Not sure about ‘best’ but I’d go with Dalot Bailly Lindelof Shaw.

It’s has age on its side and whilst it’d take time to gel, the rest have had more than enough opportunities
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

Valencia Bailly linedelof young. We can try dalot at left back. Valencia is the captain and rightly so. He's a regular who plays well.
Linedelof is in because he's had only one bad season unlike Jones, Smalling and Rojo.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

I was ridiculed on here for pointing out in Gaal's second season that Valencia had become a good right back. But I felt looking at him last season that his legs were going. I don't think he can get up and down the pitch for 38 matches. Young seems to be in good shape still, still got his pace and his stamina, which might be why Mourinho specifically made the point that he would play a lot of matches this season. He might play on the left as well as the right, depending on how Shaw and Dalot work out in Jose's estimation.

That's not to get into an argument about their skills and/or limitations, just making the point that whatever else you think of them, Valencia and Young have been terrific athletes.