So, who wants a nice working forum then?

Manchester United chat
Robbo
Legend

9 months ago

Job well done my friend I doff my cap and now lets see what Brians going to do for you as a thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

luckily he doesn't have permissions to delete it all this time
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Robbo
Legend

9 months ago

FuB wrote:luckily he doesn't have permissions to delete it all this time

=)) =))

I remember that suddenly lots of posts disapeared ;)
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

The forum looks and feels a lot more solid now. It's what we needed, a new forum, new rules, new start.
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

This is brilliant, great work FuB! Thanks, man.
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

I think Robbo said something about Fub becoming a Mod. I think that's a good idea. Keep Alf and Bri and add Fub who has invested his time sorting this mess out.

That's if you want to do it Fub?

Great job! Cheers!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

9 months ago

Good work sorting forum...but a mod?! Not for me
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Robbo
Legend

9 months ago

Lazarus wrote:I think Robbo said something about Fub becoming a Mod. I think that's a good idea. Keep Alf and Bri and add Fub who has invested his time sorting this mess out.

That's if you want to do it Fub?

Great job! Cheers!

I actually said Forum Admin, a mod can only do so many things and usually doesnt have backend access, if Ed feels its okay then I think that if wanted FuB should keep the Admin rights in case this sort of thing happens again then it can be sorted quicker.

Regarding banning certain people, the forum software has a warning system why not use that,a set number of warning points for the first infraction then 1 week ban, second infraction 2 week ban, third infraction month ban and once more perma ban that way those who get banned have caused the problem themselves.

Also the forum needs a sneaky beaky forum for the mods so that things can be discussed easier than fannying around with PM´s just a thought.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

It makes sense to keep Fub as admin so he can do the techie stuff because new problems will arise, guaranteed, so he can help fix them. He'd also make a sound mod. Because mods can't be power mad and end up acting out their own agendas, they have to act based on what the community wants. And I believe he will.
Robbo
Legend

9 months ago

Sid wrote:It makes sense to keep Fub as admin so he can do the techie stuff because new problems will arise, guaranteed, so he can help fix them. He'd also make a sound mod. Because mods can't be power mad and end up acting out their own agendas, they have to act based on what the community wants. And I believe he will.

If some more mods are added then the trustworthy ones should be global moderators so that they have a little more on ablities.