vs Sevilla

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Legend

7 months ago

Lazarus wrote:Quiet in here with nobody to leap to Jose's defense..... Anyone?

Knobby get's the credit for being the first to jump. Davel you blew your load too early tbf....

he did get the first fred the red gag in though
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
swampash
Legend

7 months ago

Funny day today...
On the way home I sketched out my ‘so long and thanks for all the fish’ departure message. Then I read Ed’s post and thought there still might be hope...yeah, I know it’s the hope that kills you...
I also missed the game, ‘cos I allowed my better half to talk me into waiting to see the ‘great new reggae thing to hit town’, even though they couldn’t get themselves on stage until after the game was over (they were due to kick off early enough for us to watch the first part of their set and still get round the corner to watch the match). Anyway, having missed the game I also checked the match thread here and saw the kind of intelligent comment that got me here in the first place.

I very nearly bowed out tonight because of all the shit that’s been going on. I hope this thread is indicative that we can get things on an even keel again and that I was lucky in not bowing out too soon...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Didn't miss much, Swampash. We went out looking for a 0-0. and that's what we got, and not that convincing doing it either.

We desperately need to find another gear.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

Lazarus wrote:Quiet in here with nobody to leap to Jose's defense..... Anyone?

Knobby get's the credit for being the first to jump. Davel you blew your load too early tbf....

I'm on a knife edge, I'll be honest. Mourinho was a necessary evil; someone to restore credibility and establish a base for our recovery. I still look at our squad and see the need for some major work, but I also see enough there for someone to give us more than we're getting. The Sanchez arrival is a key point of timing for me. I'd given Jose a little rope as I felt we lacked that kind of dynamic forward, someone who is effective in tight spaces and tight games. Sanchez is clearly quality and it's early days - but the early signs are that we're not going to get what arsenal got out of him because of how Jose sets up.

The question is, is Mourinho the man we have to back and keep patience with to complete the rebuild job? Or is the summer the time to bring in someone who'll add the gloss and excitement, getting us onto the front foot?
Davel
Legend

7 months ago

premptied strike laz, confusious says: (a man with only only 1 pair of shoes will wear them out sooner) :).

for the last 4 years he`s been a failure, cheski players like hazard drove him out when he attempted to make defenders of them,its all he knows all he`s ever known to be fair,it worked many moons ago, but every manager on the planet knows what the clown will do .

was listening to his after match interview, he said scholes and keene and becks used to drop back and defend, sadly he doesn`t see that they were some of the best footballers to grace the planet and what made them great wasn`t taught,it was abillity.

i cant see us progressing any further in the CL, unless fred takes over.

ps the wifes always saying " what finished already that was quick"
Robbo
Legend

7 months ago

bman2 wrote:Well Rio and Scholes seem to think it's job done and a good result, so fair enough, but it does make me feel like there's not much point watching these kinds of games.

Job well done if Sevilla dont score at Old Trafford and United do otherwise its curtains.
-----------------------------------------------------
FuB
Legend

7 months ago

Robbo wrote:
bman2 wrote:Well Rio and Scholes seem to think it's job done and a good result, so fair enough, but it does make me feel like there's not much point watching these kinds of games.

Job well done if Sevilla dont score at Old Trafford and United do otherwise its curtains.

yeah. definitely seems a very tempered positive note.

at least when ferguson sent us out with a cautious approach in Europe, there was always the ambition to nick a goal at the very least.

I don't know if anyone else saw it but very early in the game - probably about 5 minutes in - we had a chance to break with a pass to sanchez which was played more sideways than forward. sanchez didn't anticipate that and didn't manage to keep the ball in. just before the camera cut away, you saw him look round in disdain and throw his arms forward towards the goal. if ever there was an illustration of how our current set up doesn't suit him, that was it.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Aye this conservative football doesn't suit Sanchez at all. He needs the ball a lot, and to have a lot of chances, not one one or two a game.
dozer
Legend

7 months ago

Missed the game, was preparing for a job interview I had today.
Looks like game was dross again.
Idk man, Jose needs to deliver on the trophies in exchange for the dross football. It's like Nistelrooy not scoring goals; effectively makes him useless.
The football is good against the weaker teams but anyone moderately string and we're strugging
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

7 months ago

No denying, that game was dreadful. I keep waiting for us to tick... for things to suddenly click into place and we play attacking football. My personal opinion now is that this season is a right off. We have absolutely no chance of winning this trophy, or the league.

This is the last summer I’m giving Mourinho, by Sept if we still look like this he can go.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour