vs Sevilla

Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:No denying, that game was dreadful. I keep waiting for us to tick... for things to suddenly click into place and we play attacking football. My personal opinion now is that this season is a right off. We have absolutely no chance of winning this trophy, or the league.

This is the last summer I’m giving Mourinho, by Sept if we still look like this he can go.

+1
Pikey McScum
Star Man

3 months ago

The buck has to stop with Mourinho for performances like last night - in the past I'd have laid the blame at a lot of the players for not putting in the effort, but I'm convinced they're only playing how they're being directed.

Which is bloody horrifying - you look at that squad and the majority of signings are players who were courted by some of the biggest teams in the game (Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez to name but a few), and yet we're not getting to see them at their best because (presumably) they're being instructed to stick to a certain style of play, limiting the potential we all know they have. Sanchez has been the epitomy of that - true, he needs time to bed in but the man's an out-and-out attacker and has proven what he can do at Barca and Arsenal in the past. Systems/tactics like Mourinho's are stifling these players, and while he's done an admirable job of steadying the ship I'm starting to believe that's all he's good for. He's not capable of using the foundation to take us to the next level.

That game was there for the taking, had he just let players like Sanchez loose.
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Agree with it all tbh

Dozer's right when he says Jose has to justify the shite football with trophies. That's always been the case with him. If we were in a title race fans would have more patience. But we aren't. And we aren't winning the CL. So we're a bit fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Last night was no surprise - which isn’t great but is also what we knew when he arrived....
He knows how to progress and to him a 0-0 was a good result in one of the toughest away grounds in CL history...
Not pretty and DDG has to do his big when needed but ultimately I think we can win comfortably at OT which is what Jose is banking on.

Yes we can judge the methodical anti-gung-ho football but we can judge properly at the end of the season.....if we win an FA cup and finish 2nd or somehow get 2nd and a good run in the CL it’s progression ...

But...I DO want better football,
I’ve said it many times I don’t want 4231....not with this group of players - it has to be 433 for me- with a fluid front 3

If he delivers come end of the season he will have succeeded so far but he will need to change up the squad and be more dynamic.... let’s hope he can get the players he wants - no more of this “I want 4-5 players” then only gets 3 etc.... that’s showing he’s not happy with the squad tbf. Not making excuses but pointing it out

On a side note - all this Kroos talk?
You reckon Jose is happy to swap out Pogba for a Kroos and Bale combo?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Wow, Kroos and Bale - Madrid rejects and past it players.
United should be looking to the future, not look at had beens.
United have the money so what's stopping them from bidding for top players. Give them enough money and they'll drop their shorts. We know that.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:No denying, that game was dreadful. I keep waiting for us to tick... for things to suddenly click into place and we play attacking football. My personal opinion now is that this season is a right off. We have absolutely no chance of winning this trophy, or the league.

This is the last summer I’m giving Mourinho, by Sept if we still look like this he can go.

you’re a gobshite tbf bri, always wanna give the manager another 64 windows
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 months ago

how many shots in our goal in the last two games against riff raff tbf, it’s not even good defensive shite we’re playing, it’s nothing football
lkhm

hoofing
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Dozer - I don’t want taht deal - wonder if Jose does tho

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Last night was no surprise - which isn’t great but is also what we knew when he arrived....
He knows how to progress and to him a 0-0 was a good result in one of the toughest away grounds in CL history...
Not pretty and DDG has to do his big when needed but ultimately I think we can win comfortably at OT which is what Jose is banking on.

Yes we can judge the methodical anti-gung-ho football but we can judge properly at the end of the season.....if we win an FA cup and finish 2nd or somehow get 2nd and a good run in the CL it’s progression ...

I’ve said it many times I don’t want 4231....not with this group of players - it has to be 433 for me- with a fluid front 3

If he delivers come end of the season he will have succeeded so far but he will need to change up the squad and be more dynamic.... let’s hope he can get the players he wants - no more of this “I want 4-5 players” then only gets 3 etc.... that’s showing he’s not happy with the squad tbf. Not making excuses but pointing it out

Right i know this is the new Rant and all that but this place will be shite if we can't argue about football..... So here goes in the spirit of banter and bonhomie...

"Last night was no surprise - which isn’t great but is also what we knew when he arrived...."... NO, NO, NO, this is not what you promised Snoops, you knew we'd be tearing it up and with Jose and Pogba we'd be class. I'm holding back on the quotes at the minute to see how you respond.

Nearly every fucker on here is fed up with the shite football now. But this is just me speaking on my behalf to you about what we've had it out constantly for nearly two years... this isn't what you 'knew' would happen, is it???
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:Last night was no surprise - which isn’t great but is also what we knew when he arrived....

Right i know this is the new Rant and all that but this place will be shite if we can't argue about football..... So here goes in the spirit of banter and bonhomie...

"Last night was no surprise - which isn’t great but is also what we knew when he arrived...."... NO, NO, NO, this is not what you promised Snoops, you knew we'd be tearing it up and with Jose and Pogba we'd be class. I'm holding back on the quotes at the minute to see how you respond.

Nearly every fucker on here is fed up with the shite football now. But this is just me speaking on my behalf to you about what we've had it out constantly for nearly two years... this isn't what you 'knew' would happen, is it???

So again you ignore rest of post and focus on one thing.
I’ve never said Jose wud play amazing football- I said he’d play better football than what LVG did and would be an improvement for sure - and IT IS!!
Some games he’s happy for a draw for sure - frustrating ...but in general out attacking players can interchange and we can make plenty of chances - all better than one chance per game like every game before Jose