vs Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Congrats Jose - outplayed Conte, got hsn yachts spot on, even after going a goal down to a team that’s won every game when ahead ...and kept most clean sheets.
Started a young player in MF and Lukaku scores against a big team...all good
And in the 2nd half Pogba bossed it, dominated the game

Big win

his yachts? Can't tell what you meant there.

But yeah, lots of good aspects to this win, especially the actual win. I wasn't blown away by the performance, sort of a Jose second half of the season performance, which tends to be low energy and low excitement, but it was winning football against a good team. Nice day for Lukaku, Lingard, and McTominay, who all have something to prove.

Also a plus for Jose, I thought the two best players were Matic and Willian, both Jose signings.

What's happened to Hazard??
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

marlon wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
marlon wrote:Big win and much better in the 2nd half.

Good day to call in!

Seems the place has been cleaned up a bit

Hopefully some reason can be restored now.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:WE ACTUALLY BEAT A TOP TEAM

Someone give us a run down of what the game was like. I was checking the stats and for a long time they were shit; less possession, less shots, less shots on target etc

But the guardian reckon we did alright

We did alright, in a big game. Showed we can attack and score. We have to start playing proper football against the dross and maintain pressure throughout a game, so our defenders get used to being more exposed. Our attack is there if the players are let off the leash.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

I missed the game. Can someone give me the general jist of it?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 months ago

Am I the only one who was distinctly unimpressed? We weren’t poor, but we weren’t good.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Am I the only one who was distinctly unimpressed? We weren’t poor, but we weren’t good.

Yeah, the game was sort of lacking in intensity and quality, from both teams. Like, not shit, but it didn't feel like a tense top of the table match either. I think this is how the rest of the season is going to go.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Am I the only one who was distinctly unimpressed? We weren’t poor, but we weren’t good.

Ash i'm trying to keep things civil. I didn't even respond to Snoops.... We did alright in a big game for a change. AND it was a 6 pointer.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
Sid wrote:WE ACTUALLY BEAT A TOP TEAM

Someone give us a run down of what the game was like. I was checking the stats and for a long time they were shit; less possession, less shots, less shots on target etc

But the guardian reckon we did alright

We did alright, in a big game. Showed we can attack and score. We have to start playing proper football against the dross and maintain pressure throughout a game, so our defenders get used to being more exposed. Our attack is there if the players are let off the leash.

Aye the attack is there without a doubt, we've got an embarrassent of riches. It puts more pressure on us in games like today because we should be winning them at home.

Did Pogba play well?
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:

Ash i'm trying to keep things civil. I didn't even respond to Snoops.... We did alright in a big game for a change. AND it was a 6 pointer.

Sorry, did I say something imflammatory?!

I thought Chelsea were very defensive - yes they broke with Willian a lot but were v quick to get 10 men behind the ball every time they lost it

Started slow and built into the game - kept it veh right for thag ropey defense
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:

Big 3 points and an important win, sure. But it wasn't anywhere near a commanding performance.

We're just shit to watch. There's no enjoyment factor. No aggression off the ball, no dynamism with it. Lukaku got a goal and an assist- fair fucks in terms of stats. But he's a fucking lump. I want pace and skill, energy, flair, pace, tempo.

It's like watching a fucking allardyce team.