vs Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
Davel
Legend

7 months ago

yeah sid pogs was mom for me, first half we were butt fucked but luckys goal was a leveler after that there was only gonna be 1 winner
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Pogs was ok, he made quite a few good attacking moves but none of them really panned out in the end, which isn't necessarily his fault. But I think Matic was our best player, he really held it together for us at the back and got the team going forward too. Made a fuck load of tackles and interceptions and knocked it about well. McTominary wasn't in the game as much, but I think that was because he was tasked with playing a defensive positional game, blocking off passes to and from Hazard. He wasn't a weak link in a good win against a top side though, so that's a good sign for him. Only 21, in a late-blooming position.

On the whole the three midfielder set up looks promising, I felt like we had more purchase in the match than has often been the case recently against good teams.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Nice one, fellas
dozer
Legend

7 months ago

I thought United were the better team esp in the last 70 mins.
Mctominay had his best game for us. He won possession, and kept possession in tight areas. He receives the ball well under pressure and he's a good passer. Keeps it moving and runs a lot. Pressures opposition when they have the ball.
He could be our Essien. But Willian though. He's exceptional.

DDG was shite today.

Lukaku was top class. We need to see more of this.

Pogba was alright. He did well but matic and mctominay were better today.

Morata is proper dogshit isn't he? Even smalling wasn't troubled. Had him in his pocket.

Lindelof has earned more starts. Bailly being back is good too.

Martial and Sanchez were bang average. Lingard was excellent. It wasn't just the goal. He was better both in offence and defence than martial and Sanchez.

Valencia was excellent. Young was decent too.
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 months ago

Totally agree
Well done Jose, Pogba and McTommony

https://youtu.be/zwssZYIQkrg
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018