martial watch

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 years ago

marlon wrote:
2 years ago
So Willian, with his superiority and consistency has played for a top PL team through his prime - 25-29 years old. In those 5 years, at his best, in a team that have outscored us by more than 100 goals in the league, he managed 26 goals and 20 assists. In terms of scoring rate that's 0.4 goals and assists per 90. It's pathetic. And much worse than a young Martial playing in a worse team (who has also scored at a better rate than Hazard over three seasons).

Maybe I'm missing something though. Maybe a past his prime attacker who stuggles to score is going to solve our problems.

We have comfortably the best defensive record in the league over the last few seasons. We also have the worst attack out of the top 6. You don't solve that by dumping one of your most consistent scorers who is only going to get better for some over the hill bench warmer. Maybe the guy who has scored at the best rate in the team should actually be a starter. Maybe he derves the benefit of the doubt if he has a shit game or two. Lukaku got the benefit of the doubt for 4 months while he wasn't scoring. Just play fucking Young on the wing if you want Willian.
this ends the debate so won’t get replied to tbf
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 years ago

william is crap but runs about and knocks in the odd free kick
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

marlon wrote:
2 years ago
So Willian, with his superiority and consistency has played for a top PL team through his prime - 25-29 years old. In those 5 years, at his best, in a team that have outscored us by more than 100 goals in the league, he managed 26 goals and 20 assists. In terms of scoring rate that's 0.4 goals and assists per 90. It's pathetic. And much worse than a young Martial playing in a worse team (who has also scored at a better rate than Hazard over three seasons).

Maybe I'm missing something though. Maybe a past his prime attacker who stuggles to score is going to solve our problems.

We have comfortably the best defensive record in the league over the last few seasons. We also have the worst attack out of the top 6. You don't solve that by dumping one of your most consistent scorers who is only going to get better for some over the hill bench warmer. Maybe the guy who has scored at the best rate in the team should actually be a starter. Maybe he derves the benefit of the doubt if he has a shit game or two. Lukaku got the benefit of the doubt for 4 months while he wasn't scoring. Just play fucking Young on the wing if you want Willian.
Yeah I have some doubts about Martial, I'm sure everybody does. But with LVG and Mourinho, we've only seen him play for us under the two coaches in the game who seem the most disinterested in actually scoring goals. If it was Ferguson getting rid I'd be ok with it, because we know he'd have given him a proper chance and tried to make the most of his talents.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

marlon wrote:
2 years ago
dozer wrote:
2 years ago
Martial has 40+ appearances, this season and the last and he didn't cement his spot.
And only a deluded fan would want Rashford as our 1st choice striker. As if ranters here didn't want us to buy a striker when Jose joined the club.

Fans cry about Martial and Rashford but we still want Griezmann, new midfielders and defenders. What about McTominay then? We'll hear about Jose not starting him every game after the fans demands of buying 2 midfielders are fulfilled.
You can't aggregate the opinions of a fanbase and pretend every fan holds all those opinions.

He's got the best scoring rate in a team that needs to score a lot more. Not his fault Mourinho's a prick.
That’s just your opinion tho isn’t it
Mourinho is the manager and has to be backed as such- else what? Let you and other fans pick the team?
If Jose wants someone else that’s his choice- if he wants something different then fine....

Martial IMHO only gets the praise because he had some x-factor at a time when we were playing dog-shit football under LVG - same with Rashford who managed to score some goals and took his chance - a glimmer of light at a shit time - but neither are good enough to win us the top titles...

We NEED ready proven top players to compete at the top without relying on young players who still have it all to prove consistently
Dozer is right on that
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 years ago

I'd rather keep Martial in hope that the cunt sorts his mentality and improves than take a older part-time Chelsea player. Fuck Willian tbf.

Martial needs to take responsibility and earn his starting place, he hasn't done that during 80% of his appearances.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
marlon wrote:
2 years ago
dozer wrote:
2 years ago
Martial has 40+ appearances, this season and the last and he didn't cement his spot.
And only a deluded fan would want Rashford as our 1st choice striker. As if ranters here didn't want us to buy a striker when Jose joined the club.

Fans cry about Martial and Rashford but we still want Griezmann, new midfielders and defenders. What about McTominay then? We'll hear about Jose not starting him every game after the fans demands of buying 2 midfielders are fulfilled.
You can't aggregate the opinions of a fanbase and pretend every fan holds all those opinions.

He's got the best scoring rate in a team that needs to score a lot more. Not his fault Mourinho's a prick.
That’s just your opinion tho isn’t it
Mourinho is the manager and has to be backed as such- else what? Let you and other fans pick the team?
If Jose wants someone else that’s his choice- if he wants something different then fine....

Martial IMHO only gets the praise because he had some x-factor at a time when we were playing dog-shit football under LVG - same with Rashford who managed to score some goals and took his chance - a glimmer of light at a shit time - but neither are good enough to win us the top titles...

We NEED ready proven top players to compete at the top without relying on young players who still have it all to prove consistently
Dozer is right on that
It's proven Willian isn't a top player. We got Sanchez and haven't improved a bit. Results, quality or style.
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

marlon wrote:
2 years ago
dozer wrote:
2 years ago

His overall gameplay isn't good enough for him to be an automatic starter. Perhaps next season but perhaps won't cut it.
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 years ago
I'd rather keep Martial in hope that the cunt sorts his mentality and improves than take a older part-time Chelsea player. Fuck Willian tbf.

Martial needs to take responsibility and earn his starting place, he hasn't done that during 80% of his appearances.
Cant risk it. We need to buy a right winger and our attack is sorted.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Marlon is bang on in this thread. I agree with everything he's said tbf.
Lakendary
First Teamer

2 years ago

Sid wrote:
2 years ago
Marlon is bang on in this thread. I agree with everything he's said tbf.
Yup, Marlon's been spot on. Everyone else slating Martial because of inconsistency. No one else in the team has put up the same numbers as Martial has with the time he's been given. Not to mention the circumstances. Imagine if Martial got the same treatment Lukaku, Young, Matic, Smalling and Sanchez got. Even fucking Fellaini, who wants out, and admitted it, still got game time.

But no, Martial is the problem. He's still not consistent enough.