martial watch

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

Ranters here don't care if players are crap as long as they're young.
We need good players - I'd rather we buy good old established players than unknown young crap.
Don't get me wrong, if players like Mbappe are available, we should splurge, but let's not buy shite like Martial who's got a "lot of promise". PSG bought Mbappe who'd already done really well before they bought him.
They have to be good enough to play well now, not good enough to probably play well in the next 4-5 years.
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

Agree that dozer; well said.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

4 months ago

Fuck off Dozer, Martial WAS the first Mbappe and he came and scored 17 goals as a kid ffs in a team with £500 mill less spent on it! Under a supposedly shite manager! And last season despite your loathing of him, he still, for all the time he got, had Best goals to minutes ratio, assists to minutes as well I think and about another three top of the bunch ahead of Lakaku Pogba your laminated cum proof screen saver of Fellani and any other cubt who Jose takes a shine to!

He did that when getting the cubt treatment, what would be like under Klopp, Pep, Poch?

If he goes and Willian comes in, Chelsea's aging bench warmer, and you think that's good business, then you haven't a clue.

You'd rather buy older players? So buy 29 year olds? Who replaces them when they are 32 after 3 seasons?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

dozer wrote:
4 months ago
We need good players - I'd rather we buy good old established players than unknown young crap.
Don't get me wrong, if players like Mbappe are available, we should splurge, but let's not buy shite like Martial who's got a "lot of promise". PSG bought Mbappe who'd already done really well before they bought him.
They have to be good enough to play well now, not good enough to probably play well in the next 4-5 years.
Who? Who believes that made up crap????
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

4 months ago

No one Laz, he's trolling
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

redzebs wrote:
4 months ago
No one Laz, he's trolling
Trollin i can take, lyin' i can't.....
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Almost everyone. I'll list a few "top players".
Martial (I'm being a bit harsh, but he's not been good), Jones and Smalling(a few years ago), Nani (the next Ronaldo), Luke Shaw, Rashford, Rafael/Fabio, Guiseppe Rossi and even Fosu Mensah.
Only Lingard wasn't highly rated but he seems to have improved and good enough for at least a squad place.
We bought mid 20s players in Lindelof, Rojo, Depay etc but what happened? They've been poor.
Our best players have been established players like Ibra, Lukaku, Matic etc. Lukaku was established when we bought him.
Last edited by dozer on Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

redzebs wrote:
4 months ago
Fuck off Dozer, Martial WAS the first Mbappe and he came and scored 17 goals as a kid ffs in a team with £500 mill less spent on it! Under a supposedly shite manager! And last season despite your loathing of him, he still, for all the time he got, had Best goals to minutes ratio, assists to minutes as well I think and about another three top of the bunch ahead of Lakaku Pogba your laminated cum proof screen saver of Fellani and any other cubt who Jose takes a shine to!

He did that when getting the cubt treatment, what would be like under Klopp, Pep, Poch?

If he goes and Willian comes in, Chelsea's aging bench warmer, and you think that's good business, then you haven't a clue.

You'd rather buy older players? So buy 29 year olds? Who replaces them when they are 32 after 3 seasons?
Nah, Martial was nowhere near Mbappe, you're deluded.
Who replaces 29 year olds? We will for an other 29 year old if we can only find crappy 18 year olds. We're spending shitloads every season anyway. Why not spend it on established players?
This strategy of buying promising youngsters only works if our plan is to spend less and hope they grow. But we're spending so much every season, second only to City.
Again, if we find a "READY TO GO" player like Mbappe, we should be all over him rather than a 29 year old, but otherwise... give me the established player.
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

Post-Fergie signings:
(-23) Shaw, Martial, Memphis, Pogba, Bailly, Lindelof
(24-27) Mata, Fellaini, di Maria, Herrera, Rojo, Blind, Schneiderlin, Darmian, Mkhitaryan, Lukaku
(28-) Schweinsteiger, Ibrahimovic, Matic, Sanchez

As far as I can see, there's no pattern of success or failure based on age or experience.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Almost everyone. I'll list a few "top players".
Martial (I'm being a bit harsh, but he's not been good), Jones and Smalling(a few years ago), Nani (the next Ronaldo), Luke Shaw, Rashford, Rafael/Fabio, Guiseppe Rossi and even Fosu Mensah.
Only Lingard wasn't highly rated but he seems to have improved and good enough for at least a squad place.
We bought mid 20s players in Lindelof, Rojo, Depay etc but what happened? They've been poor.
Our best players have been established players like Ibra, Lukaku, Matic etc. Lukaku was established when we bought him.
Almost everyone??? :))