Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Djh3-VzXsAUAlev.jpg
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Martial has updated Jose on Twitter saying he'll be back on Thursday. I should start giving my manager updates on Twitter as well. Wonderful career move. Very professional.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

How would you describe Mourinho's behaviour then?
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
Jose cursing that doctor was unprofessional
His treatment of Martial is spot on, calling him out for his unprofessional attitude.
Somehow, the club has been less ruthless with these kind of players; it started off even with Fergie stretching the tenures of Anderson and Nani.
Be ruthless; if a player isn't working out, either give him chances or sell him. Why do neither? And for so long.

Look at Pep. Even Sterling who was supposedly the bees knees at City has been replaced, because we all know he's not a top top player to be more than a squaddie.
And we're looking at giving Martial even more games.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
1 year ago
I read the article on Twitter and I can’t bloody find it now.

However a quick google search:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html

That includes all players across the Premier League and United themselves were only second to Everton last season for playing youth.

The twitter article covered European leagues too and Ajax were only in 10th place which surprised me.

City and Liverpool didn’t even make the list.
Nice one. Those stats are for Jose's first season when he was still using Gaal players like Rash and Martial, before he signed 6 more and benched em for the likes of Sanchez. I wonder what the stats will be like for this season...
It’s a tough one, I want to play our youth products but the likes of McTominay are not good enough and won’t be.

Also, we need to challenge for the title, the one off of having Scholes, Giggs et al won’t happen again. So what do we do? City/Arsenal/Liverpool won’t give a shit about youth.

We need to invest which will mean youth gets less chance...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

How dare he put the health and well-being of his family first.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
His treatment of Martial is spot on, calling him out for his unprofessional attitude.
Somehow, the club has been less ruthless with these kind of players; it started off even with Fergie stretching the tenures of Anderson and Nani.
Be ruthless; if a player isn't working out, either give him chances or sell him. Why do neither? And for so long.

Look at Pep. Even Sterling who was supposedly the bees knees at City has been replaced, because we all know he's not a top top player to be more than a squaddie.
What's unprofessional about missing a bit of preseason to be with your newborn and partner? Mourinho fucked up, again.

Not sure why you've randomly picked on Anderson, Nani and Sterling, but whatever Fergie did worked and I don't know what more Sterling has to do to convince people he's great.

And we should definitely give Martial more games. We have a serious problem scoring and he's been one of our best attackers since he got here. Plenty of others should be binned before him.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
I read the article on Twitter and I can’t bloody find it now.

However a quick google search:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html

That includes all players across the Premier League and United themselves were only second to Everton last season for playing youth.

The twitter article covered European leagues too and Ajax were only in 10th place which surprised me.

City and Liverpool didn’t even make the list.
Nice one. Those stats are for Jose's first season when he was still using Gaal players like Rash and Martial, before he signed 6 more and benched em for the likes of Sanchez. I wonder what the stats will be like for this season...
It’s a tough one, I want to play our youth products but the likes of McTominay are not good enough and won’t be.

Also, we need to challenge for the title, the one off of having Scholes, Giggs et al won’t happen again. So what do we do? City/Arsenal/Liverpool won’t give a shit about youth.

We need to invest which will mean youth gets less chance...
Yeah the youth situation has been much better than I expected. Looks like Pereira will start the season as our holding mid as well.

For me it's more the football and the dour players he prefers.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago

What's unprofessional about missing a bit of preseason to be with your newborn and partner? Mourinho fucked up, again.

Not sure why you've randomly picked on Anderson, Nani and Sterling, but whatever Fergie did worked and I don't know what more Sterling has to do to convince people he's great.

And we should definitely give Martial more games. We have a serious problem scoring and he's been one of our best attackers since he got here. Plenty of others should be binned before him.
Family does come first. How about him communicate with the manager telling him when he'll be back rather than updating Twitter?
Sterling did his best and he still isn't good enough for Pep. He bought Mahrez. That's being ruthless. Pep is recruiting the best he can, even if his players are doing well. This means the players will need to step up even more or leave.
At United, people will look at Jones and Smalling and think, yeah; I can just get by.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

How do you know he hasn’t updated the club through proper channels?