Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
At the min it looks as though Martial is off to Chelsea - possibly with Willian coming to us in return

A 22 year old with x factor potential being replaced by a 29 year old whose quick and knows Jose's way. Can't help but think we're losing quality.
I’d say there’d be at least £25m on top of William
Wow, who gives a shit! What are we going to do with 25m? A third choice LB?
Well I’d rather have 25m and William than Martial
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
I keep saying this. We're not a good club for youngsters, neither is City or Chelsea. We need established players. Get rid of the youngsters for their own sake, keep a good relationship so we can potentially buy them if they turn good. Real do this pretty well.
Sterling, Jesus, Sane, B. Silva, Laporte, Mendy, Stones. de Bruyne arrived at 23.

Just fucking stupid.

The only young (U24) players in our squad are Rashford, Martial, Lindelof, McTominay and Shaw. We have maybe the biggest squad in the league and half of them dont even play much. It's really not too much for a coach to manage the development of three of four players.
How many games has Mendy, Laporte, B Silva played?!
And Mendy cost what 50M?!
The rest were big money buys....if we bought Sterling for 50m nobody here wud have been happy
Laporte arrived in January, Mendy has been injured (but will surely be 1st choice), Silva has played in 51 games.

We've been spending poorly for years, I really dont get the rest of your argument. Sterling has more goals than our top scorer and more assists than our top creator. Who would have been upset?
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
At the min it looks as though Martial is off to Chelsea - possibly with Willian coming to us in return

A 22 year old with x factor potential being replaced by a 29 year old whose quick and knows Jose's way. Can't help but think we're losing quality.
I’d say there’d be at least £25m on top of William
Wow, who gives a shit! What are we going to do with 25m? A third choice LB?
Well I’d rather have 25m and William than Martial
Forget the money for a minute, why do you prefer the player?
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

Silva played in 51? How many starts?
Isn’t that the argument everyone uses against Jose for Rashford? Rash has been jnvolved in nearly every match but people slag his starts

I’m not convinced on martial (or Rashford for that matter) and William will be more consistent and step up more frequently (he was their POTY before?) ...
Martial might have talent - so did Nani ....I just think Martial lacks the mentality etc I dunno
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
I keep saying this. We're not a good club for youngsters, neither is City or Chelsea. We need established players. Get rid of the youngsters for their own sake, keep a good relationship so we can potentially buy them if they turn good. Real do this pretty well.
Sterling, Jesus, Sane, B. Silva, Laporte, Mendy, Stones. de Bruyne arrived at 23.

Just fucking stupid.

The only young (U24) players in our squad are Rashford, Martial, Lindelof, McTominay and Shaw. We have maybe the biggest squad in the league and half of them dont even play much. It's really not too much for a coach to manage the development of three of four players.
22 is okay, 18 isn't.
Pogba was smart, he left and got regular football at 18.
Rashford and Martial would have been better players if they had regular football over the last 3 years.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Why would Chelsea pay 25m and Willian for Martial? Willian is by far the superior player.
There is no guarantee of Martial doing well.
I'd be happy with a straight swap, although ideally I'd prefer Rashford to go instead of Martial.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

So Willian, with his superiority and consistency has played for a top PL team through his prime - 25-29 years old. In those 5 years, at his best, in a team that have outscored us by more than 100 goals in the league, he managed 26 goals and 20 assists. In terms of scoring rate that's 0.4 goals and assists per 90. It's pathetic. And much worse than a young Martial playing in a worse team (who has also scored at a better rate than Hazard over three seasons).

Maybe I'm missing something though. Maybe a past his prime attacker who stuggles to score is going to solve our problems.

We have comfortably the best defensive record in the league over the last few seasons. We also have the worst attack out of the top 6. You don't solve that by dumping one of your most consistent scorers who is only going to get better for some over the hill bench warmer. Maybe the guy who has scored at the best rate in the team should actually be a starter. Maybe he derves the benefit of the doubt if he has a shit game or two. Lukaku got the benefit of the doubt for 4 months while he wasn't scoring. Just play fucking Young on the wing if you want Willian.
Last edited by marlon on Thu May 10, 2018 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago

Just fucking stupid.

22 is okay, 18 isn't.
Rashford and Martial would have been better players if they had regular football over the last 3 years.
Whose fault is that! Martial was a regular under van Gaal and Rashford would've got a lot more football in his postition if Mourinho hadn't wasted a year on Ibrahimovic. And for what? 6th place?

And the point is, a club chock full of key young players is about to break the PL records for points and goals scored. Best thing we could do for our young players is to get rid of the miserable bastard of a coach.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago

Just fucking stupid.

22 is okay, 18 isn't.
Whose fault is that! Martial was a regular under van Gaal and Rashford would've got a lot more football in his postition if Mourinho hadn't wasted a year on Ibrahimovic. And for what? 6th place?

And the point is, a club chock full of key young players is about to break the PL records for points and goals scored. Best thing we could do for our young players is to get rid of the miserable bastard of a coach.
Martial has 40+ appearances, this season and the last and he didn't cement his spot.
And only a deluded fan would want Rashford as our 1st choice striker. As if ranters here didn't want us to buy a striker when Jose joined the club.

Fans cry about Martial and Rashford but we still want Griezmann, new midfielders and defenders. What about McTominay then? We'll hear about Jose not starting him every game after the fans demands of buying 2 midfielders are fulfilled.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
Martial has 40+ appearances, this season and the last and he didn't cement his spot.
And only a deluded fan would want Rashford as our 1st choice striker. As if ranters here didn't want us to buy a striker when Jose joined the club.

Fans cry about Martial and Rashford but we still want Griezmann, new midfielders and defenders. What about McTominay then? We'll hear about Jose not starting him every game after the fans demands of buying 2 midfielders are fulfilled.
You can't aggregate the opinions of a fanbase and pretend every fan holds all those opinions.

He's got the best scoring rate in a team that needs to score a lot more. Not his fault Mourinho's a prick.