v Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

I'm fucking dreading this. We know the Mourinho template; there's no way he'll allow Salah, Mane and Firminho space to attack, so it'll be a case of dropping off and lumping it up to Lukaku whilst Pogba flounces about in midfield looking like he doesn't give a shit.

I'm pretty sure we'll get beat. And I'm absolutely certain it'll be horrendous to watch.
danniitronix
Legend

6 months ago

This shld be Jose at his best, I'm going for a win on the basis that I think Jose can fire the players up, not on the basis of quality and skill, and form.

I'm well up for this! Palace showed that there is motivation and desire somewhere. Jose can harness this.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Klopp held back a bit last time with a midfielder covering the defence and Jose waited for the game to "break". Can't see it being any different this time.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

I disagree there Sid. Neither team is in a title fight, both look nailed on for top 4 - local bragging rights and building momentum for next season are all that really matter for this one. I think Klopp will send them out on the front foot, look to lay down a marker for next season.
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

danniitronix wrote:This shld be Jose at his best, I'm going for a win on the basis that I think Jose can fire the players up, not on the basis of quality and skill, and form.

I'm well up for this! Palace showed that there is motivation and desire somewhere. Jose can harness this.

What are you basing this opinion on then? I think he's been hiding that ability well for two seasons.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I disagree there Sid. Neither team is in a title fight, both look nailed on for top 4 - local bragging rights and building momentum for next season are all that really matter for this one. I think Klopp will send them out on the front foot, look to lay down a marker for next season.

Possibly, yeah tbf. Klopp's been talking shit about styles of football and in doing so slagged Mourinho's, so he might be out to put one over on him. Another motivation to go for it.

Liverpool also need to beat us in the league because they haven't done for ages. We beat them home and away under Gaal for 2 seasons running, and have drawn home and away with Jose nearly 2 seasons running. So it's been a long time since the scouse had something to cheer about in the league.
danniitronix
Legend

6 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
danniitronix wrote:This shld be Jose at his best, I'm going for a win on the basis that I think Jose can fire the players up, not on the basis of quality and skill, and form.

What are you basing this opinion on then? I think he's been hiding that ability well for two seasons.

He has played two and drawn two as United boss against Liverpool.

Otherwise, in 25 meetings, nine of which have been in major semi-finals or finals, Mourinho has come out on top 11 times, losing six and drawing eight.

This is my basis.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Klopp has beaten Mourinho 3 times, Jose's only beaten him once - once in 7 or 8 meetings int good considering he's beaten most managers more than they have beaten him. It suggests he doesn't quite know how to deal with Klopp's football. Further proof is how he's shut up shop against him in 3 times in the league and played like a fucking coward.

It has to change. If Liverpool beat us there'll be boos from the crowd and dissent on the pitch from the players.
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

danniitronix wrote:
Lazarus wrote:

He has played two and drawn two as United boss against Liverpool.

Otherwise, in 25 meetings, nine of which have been in major semi-finals or finals, Mourinho has come out on top 11 times, losing six and drawing eight.

This is my basis.

Two draws against Liverpool, what a guy.... If he can fire our players up then why can't we see it week in week out? They don't look fired up.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

We gonna get thumped.
We won't survive the defensive mistakes this time; their attack is far more potent than Chelsea or Palace.
We gonna get wrecked.