sack the cunt

Manchester United chat
senna
Legend

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah De Gea is a fantastic stopper and we play that deep block that few teams can unpick, so you have a lot of speculative shots being punted long distance towards possibly the best shot-stopping goalkeeper in the world.

With a bit more quality in the back line and midfield, perhaps Jose will have the confidence to advance us up the pitch a bit at least, have us making more attacks of our own, even if he's never going to change his basic approach.

"Yeah De Gea is a fantastic stopper and we play that deep block that few teams can unpick, so you have a lot of speculative shots being punted long distance towards possibly the best shot-stopping goalkeeper in the world."

But that's not true. He faces MORE shots inside the pen box than the other top team goalkeepers.

Unitedroad
Reserves

2 years ago

Barca would be average without Messi,RM similar without Ronaldo,BM the same without Ledendowski,PSG went out without Neymar ,Utd have DDG that make them hard to beat.
City have a good enough squad to be decent without a few players , maybe the only team I Eurooe who don't rely on an individual.
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

senna wrote:
2 years ago
bman2 wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah De Gea is a fantastic stopper and we play that deep block that few teams can unpick, so you have a lot of speculative shots being punted long distance towards possibly the best shot-stopping goalkeeper in the world.

With a bit more quality in the back line and midfield, perhaps Jose will have the confidence to advance us up the pitch a bit at least, have us making more attacks of our own, even if he's never going to change his basic approach.

"Yeah De Gea is a fantastic stopper and we play that deep block that few teams can unpick, so you have a lot of speculative shots being punted long distance towards possibly the best shot-stopping goalkeeper in the world."

But that's not true. He faces MORE shots inside the pen box than the other top team goalkeepers.

Oh well. Our defenders are just shit then!
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:
2 years ago
Oh well. Our defenders are just shit then!
no one needed a (cheers anyway, senna, that's very enlightening!) graphic to tell them that :)) :)) :))
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

It’s Real Madrid’s other players stepping up that are starting to help, Ronaldo yes scored some big goals but Isco that young Asensio, Casermio, Kroos, Modric, Bale when he’s fit, I think Barca are more reliant on Messi because they got a bit skint despite selling Neymar and/or they had Neymar Suarez and Messi so even in a dry period one was gonna hit a purple patch sometime. They signed s few good midfielders but like us, they can’t teplave the full quality of Xavi and Iniesta, who despite being older is still probably their best mid, signing Paulinho and Def from Everton were where they fucked up. Then doubled 60% of Neymars fee on Dembele who gets hurt straight away, still at least they got Coutinho and Liverpool got VVD lol.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

*spent about 60% if etc.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

Well Barca will probably have Pogba next year so that will have them sorted.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 years ago

So who realistically are we going to replace Jose with?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 years ago
So who realistically are we going to replace Jose with?
That's the problem. On of the one hand I'm inclined to stick with Jose because of his track record and because the manager merry go round is madness that's killing this club. On the other hand, the football is shit and he seems to be in the process right now of doing exactly what I feared most about him -- getting rid of all the young players with some talent to sign old experienced players at great cost, some of whom might be good, but all will need replacing in a couple of years.

He's basically binning Pogba. He's as good as sold Martial and replaced him with Sanchez. Sanchez who has been given 530 consecutive minutes in the PL and scored one measly goal against a shite side. Martial, Rashford, Lingard -- not one of them has ever gotten anything like 530 minutes in a row from Jose, but they've all done a fuckload more with the time they have been given than Sanchez has. Martial has 14 times as many goals and assists than Sanchez in less than three times the number of PL minutes, and he's been given those minutes here and there, the odd start every few weeks, the odd sub's appearance. How might Martial -- or Rash or even Lingard -- be doing if they had been given the kind of backing and steady run that Sanchez has?

And Shaw's obviously gone. I'm less fussed about him, but he still seems like a talented player not given a fair shout.
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

It's a merry go round cause we made three bad choices. Just need a coach who actually likes football