Is there a hierarchy for goals?

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Pogba has very good stats for a CM this year...especially given his injury etc

And no...there is no hierarchy for goals....no one chooses to score only ‘important’ goals....

Saying that ....Cantona scored a hell of a lot of important goals...all those 1-0 wins

But I don’t think there’s a hierarchy
Just you argue among yourself there. When you work out what you think you can let us know.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
Every goal is sacred, every goal is great. If a goal gets wasted, God gets quite irate.
You don't have to have a great brain! :D
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
There's definitely a hierachy for individual goals but it doesn't matter when it comes to totals
For me Smalling's goal against City that won the game is the bigger goal. We needed Pogba's two goals to get us into the game and they were great goals but we were drawing. Smalling was the match winner, two more points and boasting rights.

This is always how i've thought of goals. A forth goal in a easy match when the opposition are broken is just gravy, not a goal any player boasts about, good for the stats. I think players want to be scoring the the difference making goals and great players do consistently when it counts.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
There's definitely a hierachy for individual goals but it doesn't matter when it comes to totals
For me Smalling's goal against City that won the game is the bigger goal. We needed Pogba's two goals to get us into the game and they were great goals but we were drawing. Smalling was the match winner, two more points and boasting rights.

This is always how i've thought of goals. A forth goal in a easy match when the opposition are broken is just gravy, not a goal any player boasts about, good for the stats. I think players want to be scoring the the difference making goals and great players do consistently when it counts.
Try telling someone like Ronaldo that....he celebrates every goal equally
Remember this...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Spain.html
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago

Try telling someone like Ronaldo that....he celebrates every goal equally
Remember this...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Spain.html
Bet you wish Pogba celebrated like that.......

I don't get how this post addresses the subject in any way. What are you on about?

You'd be better served explaining how i dismissed Pogba's contributions in that post above. Are they not just the facts?
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago

I guess the winner feels bigger, but in a comeback they're all important. There's the opposition, the moment in the game, in the season, what's at stake and how much the player contributed to the goal (prenalty, tap-in etc.).

Anyone who scores a decent amount of goals will have some big ones. If there's some guy who scores in every big game, but can't put one past Hull, they're probably not a great player.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
Snoops has been making stuff up again, claiming i said some shit about Pogbas goals being 3rd goals therefore not as important. (Any time your ready Snoops you can show me what i said, that has got under your skin.)

What do the rest of you think?
Is the third goal in a 4-0 as important as the first goal?
Is a winning goal as important as an equalising goal?
Is scoring in a tight drawn game more significant than a 4th goal in a route?
Is a goal scored in a lost match just as important?
Do players celebrations say anything about the goal just scored?
Are goals scored against better teams more important than those scored against lesser opposition?
Does the kind of goals a player scores reflect on their ability?

Is there a hierarchy for goals?
The only thing there is a hierarchy for Laz is if a player people like scores goals.
For e.g. Fellaini's goals have mostly been important ones, either wins us or draws games. I don't see importance given here.
Last edited by dozer on Thu May 03, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Does he golden boot only include ‘important’ goals?

Every goal is important
Yes, but not equally. A match winning or equalising goal is way more important than the 8th goal in our 8-2 against Arsenal.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
Yeah 6 goals and 10 assists is respectable for someone who still hasn't quite hit 2000 minutes in the league this season, especially since he was playing in a fairly deep position for half that time. De Bruyne at 8 and 15 in 3000 minutes is only barely better in a goals or assist per minute sense.
Yes, but his overall gameplay is still lacking. He's not good over 90 mins and his decision making really needs to improve.
Having said that he's been very good in the last month. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
Yeah 6 goals and 10 assists is respectable for someone who still hasn't quite hit 2000 minutes in the league this season, especially since he was playing in a fairly deep position for half that time. De Bruyne at 8 and 15 in 3000 minutes is only barely better in a goals or assist per minute sense.
Yes, but his overall gameplay is still lacking. He's not good over 90 mins and his decision making really needs to improve.
Having said that he's been very good in the last month. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Fella has 4 goals in 545 mins.....