Ashley Young..... World Class?

Manchester United chat
jason_uk
First Teamer

11 months ago

Came across this..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -clip.html

Young is a big fat liar, saying the clip was edited, I remember watching that game live, and saw something fly into his mouth, most definitely wasn't edited :))

Suppose you dont want to be remembered for taking bird shit in your mouth.
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

jason_uk wrote:
11 months ago
Came across this..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -clip.html

Young is a big fat liar, saying the clip was edited, I remember watching that game live, and saw something fly into his mouth, most definitely wasn't edited :))

Suppose you dont want to be remembered for taking bird shit in your mouth.
He's played over 250 times for us, but all people are going to remember is that he got bird shit in his gob
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

Young's a goner at the end of the season

That buys Ole another another 3 months for me
swampash
Legend

11 months ago

To be absolutely fair Young has always pulled his weight for us. I have never had a problem with him.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
dozer
Legend

11 months ago

Yep. He's been better than most of our signings post Fergie.
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

Ole doesn't get enough credit for getting rid of players. It's as important as bringing them in. And it's hard to do at United when they're all on top wages that no one else will pay, and get away with average performances.

If we ditch Static and Jones in jan or summer then we're in good shape for the future. There's money there for better, younger players.
dozer
Legend

11 months ago

We can't sack Ole for doing the right thing and getting rid of players he didn't want. At least he's selling more than buying. Our previous managers kept the crap and brought in more shite.
Even if for some reason we don't buy midfielders in the next window, I wouldn't mind if Pogba left.
In the mean time performances will suffer but we need to clean up the shite first and then buy.
Fred must go too. He's played okay in one or 2 games but he's not a top player.
Personally I think Ole will do very well for us. He's got the balls to make difficult decisions even at the detriment of his team strength and his job security.

There's a lot more cleanup needed. We need Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Matic, Fred, Lingard, Young, Shaw and Mata to leave.
Even with so many defenders gone we still have Lindelof and Tuanzebe who could be backups to Maguire and hopefully our new centre back. That's how much crap we have.
jason_uk
First Teamer

11 months ago

I wasnt having a go at young as a player by resurrecting this thread, at least he has shown some fight and passion compared to others.
Was more just to call him out when he publically trys to claim the video was edited, when I saw it live, might not have been bird shit, but something flew into his mouth!
redzebs
Legend

11 months ago

dozer wrote:
11 months ago
We can't sack Ole for doing the right thing and getting rid of players he didn't want. At least he's selling more than buying. Our previous managers kept the crap and brought in more shite.
Even if for some reason we don't buy midfielders in the next window, I wouldn't mind if Pogba left.
In the mean time performances will suffer but we need to clean up the shite first and then buy.
Fred must go too. He's played okay in one or 2 games but he's not a top player.
Personally I think Ole will do very well for us. He's got the balls to make difficult decisions even at the detriment of his team strength and his job security.

There's a lot more cleanup needed. We need Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Matic, Fred, Lingard, Young, Shaw and Mata to leave.
Even with so many defenders gone we still have Lindelof and Tuanzebe who could be backups to Maguire and hopefully our new centre back. That's how much crap we have.
We have no midfielders, why on earth would we bin Fred when he's finally starting to look good enough for at least a squad player if we sign what we need, which we won't anyway.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
dozer
Legend

11 months ago

Fred is still crap. Mct is playing well but are we still controlling the midfield? No. That's because Fred is crap.