Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

marlon wrote:
11 months ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
What about Nuno Espirito Santo for the job post Ole?

Plays good modern football, powerful midfield, has great links to quality players from portugal
Wolves are very defensive aren't they? Sick of it, even if they're competent.

There are the fancy young Bundesliga ones like Nagelsmann and Marco Rose or we could go for Gasperini who got Atlanta to 3rd in Serie A and top scorers - they're also top scorers this season.
Fair point. It wouldn't be a change of philosophy. But we would be able to pull off this counterattack style better with him.

I agree though, time we had something new.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

11 months ago

Thinking about replacements for Ole is a tough one. Which proven managers are going to be interested? Now many. Tuchel could be a candidate. But I think a better model would be an experienced DoF who can genuinely build us a squad for an exciting and modern young coach ri work with.

A couple of names that may be left field.

David Wagner. Worked under Klopp, similar philosophy. Worked miracles at Huddersfield and is now making an impression at Schalke. Maybe a couple of years too soon for him though.

Hassenhuttl. I like the way he has Southampton playing. Be interesting to see what he could do with a better squad.

Brendan Rogers. Ex scouse, not perfect, but clearly a solid coach with modern ideas.
marlon
Legend

11 months ago

Allegri is supposedly interested
bman2
Legend

11 months ago

marlon wrote:
11 months ago
Allegri is supposedly interested
He’s probably the way to go: he’s available now, has an excellent CV, and those Italian managers always know how to make the most of what they’ve got in terms of players. We need a top tactician with this mediocre squad.
marlon
Legend

11 months ago

allegri is the safe option woodward will probably go for, but it might be more fun with marco rose who hired a tactics blogger for his assistant or nagelsmann who's younger than ashley young
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

Allegri will mean another change in direction though
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

11 months ago

Sid wrote:
11 months ago
Put me in mind of "Corporate America"; every 12-18 month they have a re-organizations. It provides the impression that they were organized to begin with and any failure was can be blamed on those were laid off.
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
11 months ago
Sid wrote:
11 months ago
Put me in mind of "Corporate America"; every 12-18 month they have a re-organizations. It provides the impression that they were organized to begin with and any failure was can be blamed on those were laid off.
That's basically what happens at most football clubs; blame the previous lot for inherent failings
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Edwin van der Sar: Man Utd director of football target signs Ajax CEO extension

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -extension

No one wants to work with Ed
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

Nah, I don't think United ever were in for a DoF.
It's needless too. The manager and the senior football folks are the ones making football based decisions. Not Ed. A DoF will just be another football man but how is that different?
At least Ole seems to be buying well.
The issue is we're too commercial like Klopp said. A DoF can't fix that. That's the Glazers and Ed. They're not sugar daddies so we need the marketing moolah to get the players.
In terms of the players we buy who're crap, the responsibility lies with the football men at the club.