United set to create DoF role

Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

marlon wrote:
3 months ago
'With Woodward having responsibilities beyond overseeing transfers, the appointment of a technical director would provide Mourinho with a daily contact in terms of discussing recruitment and updates on progress.'

So its a babysitter for Mourinho. And they want a former player - so a name to appease the fans and somone a manager might find difficult to criticise. No actual change to the way things are done.
well, except that they'd be being done by someone who understood the game rather than how to add up profits
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

3 months ago

But they wouldn't? From that ESPN thing it sounded like Woodward would still be the one buying and the manager the one picking targets. It's specifically not a DoF.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

"overseeing" doesn't necessarily mean actually "doing" it but I take your point. Obviously, from a financial perspective, he'd be pulling the strings anyway.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Felwin
First Teamer

3 months ago

IMO Woodward is being demoted out of the spotlight. Glazers know he’s become a PR disaster. Technical director will be a reputable name/agent to get deals over the line. Woodward will still have final say but will avoid flak.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago
The shares are doing well......

http://sport.bt.com/football/shares-in- ... 4290672758
It's this, and the commercial success, that makes you think fuck all is going to change in terms of how they run the club. We don't need to win major trophies in order to be the richest self sustaining club in the world.
Davey-boy
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago

It's this, and the commercial success, that makes you think fuck all is going to change in terms of how they run the club. We don't need to win major trophies in order to be the richest self sustaining club in the world.
They'll still need the manager to get us into Champs league every year though I would imagine. And there's no guarantee that will happen especially this season.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 months ago

Davey-boy wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago

They'll still need the manager to get us into Champs league every year though I would imagine. And there's no guarantee that will happen especially this season.
We won't get top 4 this season. City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

When the supporters, ex-players, press and even opposition fans are all talking about the shite football it has to eventually have an effect on the bottom line. The trip to the US wasn't as well attended or lucrative this year and fans are leaving away games. It can't be sustainable, miserable looking, unhappy players don't make great advertisements....... I hope.....
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
3 months ago
Davey-boy wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago

We won't get top 4 this season. City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea.
Good........ we deserve it.