Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
Davey-boy wrote:
1 year ago
Pogba may be a bit of a showboaty cock prone to brain farts but he's also one of the very few players who can do brilliant things. Some of his passing is unbelievable at times
8-|
to be fair, some of his passing was unbelievable this evening... moved the ball forward to the opposition in ways I didn't think possible
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

11 months ago

Looks a different player under Ole. Class today - apart from their goal.
FuB
Legend

11 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
11 months ago
Looks a different player under Ole. Class today - apart from their goal.
some of the balls he played forward were sublime, however there was at least one stand out occasion where he got stuck in their half and dispossessed by a couple of players ganging up on him. You might say that this is nitpicking but, unfortunately, that's what decent teams (i.e. not Bournemouth today) will do to him - and have done. Maybe Ole arriving has suddenly brought out the real player in him and he certainly seems to have changed the outlook for most, if not all of them... but the fact Matic can still get himself stuck and not know what to do when under pressure isn't any different than before. We'll see soon enough anyway.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

He was better yesterday but Bournemouth sat off him more than Huddersfield, who pressed him and stressed him out. It's not his game to be combative, playing quick one twos under pressure, hunting down in packs etc. He's too big and slow. Top teams have absolutely rinsed him this season. City's Davids just around the cunt unchallenged. He's similar to Carrick, both tall DMs, but Carrick moved more gracefully and had better feet to pick a pass. But he also shit out when pressed.

I think the days of a 6ft 4/5 midfielder that sits in front of the defence are gone. Kante or Fernandinho are better suited physically for that role. The next era should have a cunt like that, ditch Joses fucking dopolasaurus cunts.
bman2
Legend

11 months ago

Carrick could move the ball more quickly, he was good at receiving it from the defense on the half turn and putting it forward very quickly. Matic has some of the same qualities though. I think he's a good player. All deep playmakers like that look bad when they're outnumbered. You have a few very special ones, like Xavi or Scholes, who just had an unbelievable ability to protect the ball when pressed. But even Scholsey could get desperate when outnumbered, hence the dodgy tackles.

It's an unforgiving position, when things are going wrong, you're left isolated and take all the blame.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

11 months ago

In terms of a longer term replacement, Ndidi looks like he could be the next Kante.
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

bman2 wrote:
11 months ago
Carrick could move the ball more quickly, he was good at receiving it from the defense on the half turn and putting it forward very quickly. Matic has some of the same qualities though. I think he's a good player. All deep playmakers like that look bad when they're outnumbered. You have a few very special ones, like Xavi or Scholes, who just had an unbelievable ability to protect the ball when pressed. But even Scholsey could get desperate when outnumbered, hence the dodgy tackles.

It's an unforgiving position, when things are going wrong, you're left isolated and take all the blame.
Fair point, but at times Matic has just not sniffed out the danger in behind and he's been caught out. I wonder whether he's defensively minded enough. And then when he does react, being 6ft 5, it's so slow and awkward. And it's hard for a cunt that tall to go to ground succesfully. The role is better suited to smaller players now because they're coming up against smaller number 9s and 10s like Silva, Jesus, Aguero, Hazard, Firminho, Alli, Eriksen, Salah etc. You have to be quick and agile like these cunts are.

I think he'd have been class in a Posh Pulis side 10 years ago when football was slower, more tactical and there was less pressing. He'd have been quality in front of the defence in a team that had more time on the ball and less threats in behind. Like Carrick was for us, but like you say he had a better pass in him, quicker and more accurate. Whereas Matic has played the last 6 seasons under Jose were passing is outlawed.